[Alsfastball] correction to the- Correction: Victoria Traveller's Inn Fastpitch @ Vancouver.....

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Sun Jul 4 15:50:31 EDT 2004

Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 11:12:39 -0700
From: Allen Duddridge <dudds at shaw.ca>
Subject: FW: Correction: FW: Victoria Traveller's Inn Fastpitch @
Vancouver.....

         OK, I don't think my correction was very clear!  Following is the
corrected
story from last night in Vancouver - my apologies for all the confusion!!!

         Victoria Traveller's Inn Fastpitch team were in Vancouver for two
games
against Vancouver Grey Sox Saturday night, July 3.
         Traveller's Inn took both ends of the doubleheader from the Grey Sox,
winning the first game, a Norwest League game, 9-1 in 5 innings, then
winning the second game, an exhibition tilt, 6-3,
         In the Norwest League opener Gerry Kennedy powered the offence for
Traveller's Inn with a grand slam home run in his only official trip to the
plate.  Kevin Bobroske went 2-3, scored two runs and drove in three, while
Dan Whiteford was 1-2 with one run scored and two RBI's, and Glenn Ormsby
was 2-2 with one run scored.  Collin McKenzie was the winning pitcher,
giving up just four hits, walking three and striking out eight batters.
Vancouver's Kevin Schellenberg spoiled the shutout with a solo home run.
Nick Underhill suffered the loss for the Grey Sox.
Harvey Stevenson led the offence in the second game, going 2-3 with one run
scored.  Marc MacDonald went 1-1 with one RBI, while Gerry Kennedy was 1-3
with two RBI's.  Winning pitcher was Korrey Gareau, who went the distance,
allowing three hits, walking five and striking out nine batters.  Joe
Robbins took the loss for the Grey Sox.
                 Please see the following link for box scores of last
night's games:
http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/latest_scores.cfm?leagueID=436&clientID=6
8
         These teams play again Sunday at South Memorial Park in Vancouver,
another
doubleheader with the first game counting in the Norwest League standings
and the second game an exhibition game.

Al Duddridge (by way of Jim Johnson)
Mailto:dudds at shaw.ca

  Als Fastball List