[Alsfastball] Four Elected to the I.S.C Hall of Fame

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Wed Aug 18 19:46:04 EDT 2004

Four Elected to the I.S.C Hall of Fame

A left-handed pitcher who won the longest game ever played in I.S.C. World
Tourney history, A feared long ball hitter, a veteran and revered umpire,
and the long-time I.S.C. Historian were elected to the International
Softball Congress Hall of Fame on Tuesday.

The most recent additions to the Hall of Fame include:

Peter Finn (Midland, Michigan) – Twice an All-World tourney selection; The
winning pitcher in the classic 34 inning game in the ’81 World Tournament
where he struck out a record 64 batters.

Randy Burnside (Tumwater, Washington) – Four times an All-World Tourney
player with Seattle Pay ‘N Pak and Sioux City powerhouses Penn Corps, NHCD,
& the Gateway 2000 Soos; the MVP and RBI leader in the 1989 World Tournament.

Margarito Banales (El Paso, Texas) – A legendary umpire who called ballsand
strikes in 21 International Softball Congress World Tournaments.

Art Cashion (Ft. Worth, Texas) - Statistician and later Historian; His work
is the major source of information contained in the I.S.C. Guidebook.

These men will be inducted during the I.S.C. World Tournament held in
August, 2005 in Eau Claire, Wis.

Aug. 18, 2004

By: Gordon Wise – I.S.C. Information Officer
http://www.iscfastpitch.com

Als Fastball List
*Email: <mailto:fastball at pmihrm.com>fastball at pmihrm.com
Website: http://www.alsfastball.com/