[Alsfastball] CT in Fargo

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Mon Aug 23 07:45:49 EDT 2004

Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:31:33 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: CT in Fargo
From: zakkflash at greenbaynet.com
To: fastball at pmihrm.com

August 13-22, 2004
Fargo, ND

The Circle Tap Fastpitch team journeyed Fargo for the pinnacle of the
season, The World Tournament.  Having gone through some ups and downs
throughout the season the CT team came in very confident with hopes of
bringing the championship home.  The team was ranked 4th going in to the
tournament and did finish 4th(highest finish for CT), going 7-2(46-12
overall).  A little disappointing but pleased as well.  We'd like to thank
Jamie "Crime" Knudson for his years of service as an outfielder with the
Circle Tap team.  He has decided to retire.  Crime was the team's head
instigator, he is always "stirring it up."  It's always fun to have him
around.  I'm not sure who will take over that role. Ok, now for some ball.
  With the tournament starting on August 13th, CT's play did not begin
until 8PM on           Sundaynight.Wehad2playersreceivefirstteamAll-World,
Chris Delarwelle DH, and Don Garvey C.  We also placed two players on 2nd
team All-World, Kevin Reichardt SS, and Robbie O'Brien P.

Game 1
8PM Sunday

#4CT 2 #13 Quad City Sox 0

CT 2 4 1
QC 0 3 2
CT opened pool play with the Quad City Sox, this was the 3rd meeting of
these two squads this season.  CT sent Dewey Dyck to the hill and QC went
with Quinton Matzner.  Dyck earned the win allowing just two hits and
striking out 15 and walking one.  This was a scoreless game until the top
of the 6th, with one out Chris Delarwelle reached on an error, Robbie
O'Brien drew a walk and then Don Garvey picked up an RBI single scoring
pinch runner Jesse Wotruba.  CT added the 2nd run in the 7th as Kevin
Reichardt walked took 2nd on a passed ball, moved to 3rd on a wild pitch
and scored when Delarwelle reached on an error. Kevin Reichardt finished
2x2.
WP:Dewey Dyck LP:Quinton Matzner

Game 2
10PM Monday
#4CT 8 Ricart Pros, Peterboro, ON 0 5innings

RP 0 3 2
CT 8 8 0
CT took their 2nd game in pool play over Peterboro, ON in 5innings late
Monday night.  CT took an early lead in the bottom of one as Chris
Delarwelle hit a home run. The Tappers added the other 7 runs in the 3rd.
Kevin Reichardt led off with a walk, stole second, Darren Derricks
singled, Adam LaLonde picked up an RBI single, with one out Delarwelle
reached on a fielder's choice RBI, Rob O'Brien hit a two run homer, Don
Garvey and Tom Montgomery singled, Jess Ellestad and Richardt followed
with walks and Darren Derricks picked up a sac fly RBI.  Chris Miljavac
finished 2x3.
WP:Robbie O'Brien(9K) LP:Greg Garrity

Game 3
2PM Tuesday
#4 CT 6 #19 Lafayette Pub, St. Louis, MO 0

CT 6 6 0
LP 0 4 2
With this win CT clinched the top seed in Pool D.  This was a scoreless
game until the top of the 3rd when Kevin Reichardt picked up a one out
base hit, Darren Derricks singled, Adam LaLonde walked, Chris Miljavac
picked up a sac fly RBI and Chris Delarwelle followed with a 2RBI single.
CT tacked on another in the 5th as Adam LaLonde singled, stole 2nd and
scored when Delarwelle reached on an error. The Tappers scored the final 2
in the 7th as Jesse Wotruba walked and Trevor Ethier followed with a two
run bomb.  Dewey Dyck earned the win striking out 9.
WP:Dewey Dyck LP:Fernando Alarcon

Game 4
2PM Wednesday
#4CT 7 Ballerup Vandals, Ballerup, Denmark 0 5innings

BV 0 3 0
CT 7 7 0
Circle Tap finished pool play with a 4-0 record, not allowing a run and
earning the top seed in our pool giving us double life in the final
tournament.  CT grabbed an early lead in the 1st as Adam LaLonde singled
followed by a Chris Miljavac RBI triple and with two out Don Garvey picked
up and RBI base hit.  CT tacked on 3 more in the 4th as Garvey led off
with a double Montgomery followed with a walk both runners advanced on a
passed ball and with one out Kevin Reichardt picked up a 3 run bomb.  In
the 5th Miljavac walked, Mike Roberts singled, Garvey picked up an RBI
single, Jesse Wotruba walked to load the bases and then Reichardt drew a
walk to plate the final run and end the game.  Garvey finished 3x3.
WP:Robbie O'Brien(10K) LP:Thomas Bonde

Circle Tap moved on to the tournament beginning Thu   rsdaywithdoublelife.
CT faced another top seed, Calgary,AB Diamonds also 4-0 in pool play

Game 5
Noon Thursday
#4CT 3 #5Calgary Diamonds 4

CD 4 3 1
CT 3 6 1
This game pitted the 4th and 5th ranked teams against each other for the
first time this year.  Calgary jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the 2nd as
Trent Rubley walked David Boys singled and Craig Honswell hit a 3 run
homer.  CT chipped away as we got a run in the 3rd as Darren Derricks drew
a one out walked and scored on an Adam LaLonde base hit.  CT got another
in the 5th as Chris Miljavac walked, then starting pitcher Andrew
Kirkpatrick left the game and Sean Whitten came in.  Robbie O'Brien
singled and Don Garvey picked up and RBI sac fly to make it 3-2.  Calgary
scored a run in the 7th on an error and then in the bottom of the 7th
O'Brien drew a one out walk and with two out Tom Montgomery hit a fly ball
to center and the fielder dropped the ball, O'Brien scored and Montgomery
raced to 3rd but was stranded. LaLonde finished 2x4.
WP:Andrew Kirkpatrick LP:Dewey Dyck

Game 6
6PM Thursday
#4 CT 11 #27Quaker River Sharks, Lebonon,PA 1 5innings

CT 11 10 0
RS  1  2 0
Circle Tap now moved down into the loser's bracket to face the River
Sharks.  The CT bats exploded for 10 hits and 11 runs.  Robbie O'Brien got
the start and was taken out in the 3rd with a 7-0 lead.  Mike Roberts came
in and threw the final 3innings and earned the win.  CT jumped out to a
3-0 lead in the first as LaLonde was hit by a pitch stole 2nd and scored
on a Delarwelle single, O'Brien followed with a two run homer.  CT tacked
on 4 in the 3rd as LaLonde led off with a triple and scored on a Chris
Miljavac base hit, Miljavac stole 2nd, O'Brien walked and Don Garvey
picked up a two RBI triple, Tom Montgomery followed with an RBI sac fly.
The River sharks put up a run in the bottom half to make the score 7-1.
CT got 4 more in the 5th as Montgomery singled, Reichardt reached on a FC,
Darren Derricks walked, with two out Jamie Knudson walked, Brock Bisick
walked scoring a run and then Trevor Ethier picked up a 3RBI triple.
LaLonde finished 2x3 2B,3B.
WP:Mike Roberts LP:Jason Smith

Game 7
Noon Friday
#4CT 7 Plangger's Furniture, Benton Harbor, MI 0 5innings

PF 0 1 1
CT 7 9 1
CT continued to pitch well and hit well in this one.  Everything is
working well at this point.  CT took an early lead as Adam LaLonde led off
the bottom of the first with a home run.  The Tappers added 4 in the third
as Miljavac singled with one out, Delarwelle singled, O'Brien picked up a
two RBI double, Don Garvey followed with an RBI double and with two out
Kevin Reichardt picked up an RBI base hit.  CT got two more in the 4th as
Jess Ellestad led off with a base hit Adam LaLonde singled and  Chris
Miljavac knocked them both in with a base hit.  LaLonde 2x3 HR, Miljavac
2x2.
WP:Dewey Dyck LP:Harold Kelly

Game 8
10PM Friday, actually 11:30
#4CT 8 #2The Farm Tavern, Madison, WI 3

CT 8 5 0
FT 3 6 1
This was the 5th meeting between these two clubs, The Farm having won the
first 4, but we caught them at the right time as we were clicking on all
cylinders and they have just come down to the loser's bracket losing a
heartbreaker 6-5 in 8 innings to eventual champion Broken Bow.
The Farm struck first on a HR by Rob Gray.  CT would even the score in the
2nd as O'Brien walked, Garvey sac bunted and reached as they tried to get
the runner at 2nd, Trevor Ethier then sac bunted and also reached on a FC
the lead in the 3rd as Chris Miljavac walked and then Chris Delarwelle
blasted a homer deep over the center field fence, 3-1 CT.  CT scored 4
more in the top of 4 as Kevin Reichardt picked up a one out walk, Darren
Derricks bunted and the ball was throw into right field trying to get him
out and Reichardt scored, with two out Miljavac picked up an inside the
park HR and Delarwelle followed with another bomb over left field.  The
Farm put up a pair in the 4th to make it a 7-3 game.  In the 7th Miljavac
singled, with two out Garvey walked and Trevor Ethier picked up an RBI
base hit, Tom Montgomery followed with quite possibly the best at bat I've
every witnessed.  I think he saw 18 pitches, fouling off about 12 of them
and then got hit by a pitch with a full count.  Miljavac 2x3HR, Delarwelle
2x4, 2HR.
WP:Robbie O'Brien LP:Paul Algar

Game 8
10 AM Saturday
#4CT 1 #5Calgary Diamonds 5

CT 1 3 0
CD 5 9 0
This meeting pitted the 2nd meeting between these two clubs in the
tournament.  This was a tough game to play as we finished up about 1:30 AM
and adreneline going so no one got much sleep and we had to be back at the
park by 9.  No excuses though, we got out played by a very good team.  CT
got it's lone run on a home run by Don Garvey in the 7th.
WP:Andrew Kirkpatrick LP:Dewey Dyck

All in all a very successful tournament.  We bring home the 4th place
trophy with pride.  Look for CT to be back in 2005.  All players were
asked to return

Order of finish
8. Explorers-Midland, MI
7. Plangger's Furniture-Benton Harbor, MI
6. Heflin Builders-Ballston Lake, NY
5. The Farm Tavern-Madison, WI
4. Circle Tap-Denmark, WI
3. Calgary Diamonds-Calgary, AB