[Alsfastball] FedLock Shuts It Down - by Ken Coles

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Mon Aug 23 10:51:05 EDT 2004

From: "Coles, Kenneth" <Kenneth.Coles at ssa.gov>
To: "'Al Doran'" <fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: RE: FedLock Shuts It Down
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:41:06 -0400

To my first and foremost...friend, Mike Groves - I sincerely thank you for
all your hard work, dedication, devotion, commitment, enthusiasm,
allegiance and loyalty you've showed us over the years.  There's only one
reason I've played the game for as long and with one team for as long as I
have, and that lone reason is Mike Grove.  Your word meant everything to
you and it never ever wavered in the many years that I been under your
leadership.  Thanks somehow just doesn't say enough sometimes especially
when it comes to you.  If it had not been for Mike no one would have given
me the opportunities to travel and play major ball, A ball or even C ball
for that matter.  Over the years Mike has been the one who believed in me
more than I believed in myself at times.  There have been times that I've
been mesmerized and just simply overwhelmed by the talent in major ball and
Mike would say to me you're just as good.  He taught me how important and
far a positive comment can go.  He not only afforded me the opportunity to
play major ball, but he afforded me the opportunity to meet and play this
game with major people.   To Steve Stires, Steve Sell, Tony Kahan, Billy
Weise, Joe Coco, Jeremy Spear, D-Unit, Big Urq, C-Mart, Cookie, Mr. Darren
Davies, Larry Peck and Paul Walford 3 of the classiest guys I've ever met,
Dave "Lion King" Gollan, The DR...need I say more, Terry Downs, Tim
Macumber, Pat "PG" Graham, Ryan "Rhino" Thompson, Franky Foregrave, Franky
Perez, Ace and Boog Sauer, Steve Spalt, Yasu, Toji, Doug Sleep, Nick
Kimball, Lyle and Kevin Brown, Juan and Carabillo, Davey Stokes, Dan
Winnick, Criag Schwartz, Todd Winkworth, Jody Hennigar, Dan Looney, etc.  I
say thanks for making softball the fun and competitive game it was meant to
be.

Kenneth Coles
mailto:Kenneth.Coles at ssa.gov

  Als Fastball List