[Alsfastball] Softball First Pitch campaign ready for action

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Mon Sep 6 00:44:01 EDT 2004

Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 15:53:57 +1200
From: SNZ Web-master <snz-webm at ihug.co.nz>
Subject: Softball First Pitch campaign ready for action

Softball First Pitch campaign ready for action

Monday September 6th

Softball diamonds around the country will be a buzz with activity these
school holidays with the launch of the inaugural First Pitch campaign run
by New Zealand Softball from September 19th ­ 24th.

The national campaign will see children given the chance to have some fun
and try the sport of softball. To be held at 11 venues around the country
the campaign will involve have a go style coaching clinics run by New
Zealand Softball’s six regional coaching co-ordinators.

New Zealand Softball is looking to grow the game following on from the
recent success of the New Zealand Community Trust Black Sox and the
increased profile of the sport that their winning ways have created.

New Zealand Softball chief executive Hadyn Smith believes a lot of children
were inspired by the performances of the Black Sox at the 2004 World
Championships and this campaign is intended to give them an introduction to
the game.

“If we can grow our sport and introduce more juniors to the game as a
consequence of our world title then that will be the ultimate compliment to
the 2004 Black Sox team,” said Smith.

As part of the campaign members of the Black Sox and White Sox teams will
be on hand to assist at the clinics and sign autographs. All those who
attend the clinics will also be given information about softball clubs in
their area if they choose to take up the sport.

The clinics are open to all children over the age of five with morning
sessions intended for younger children and afternoon clinics for those who
are older.

Everything will kick off in Auckland on Sunday September 19th before
carrying on down the North Island through the week. The South Island leg of
the campaign begins in Nelson on Monday September 20th and will travel down
the island.

By SNZ Media Liaison: Kelly Mitchell
*  mailto:kelly.mitchell at xtra.co.nz

http://www.softball.org.nz/