[Alsfastball] "OOA" vs '"Super List" - by Milt Michael

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Sep 9 00:19:05 EDT 2004

Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:13:18 -0700
From: "Milt Michael" <miltmich at telus.net>
To: fastball at pmihrm.com
Subject: "OOA" vs '"Super List"

I sympathize with Mike Groves. He's a noble man with a good idea. Teams
should invest their time and resources in developing young players in their
area, not on plane tickets for National team members - sometimes half way
around the world!

If the sport enjoyed millions of tv viewers around the world, it might be a
different story - but that's not the case.

Tom Crouch says "someone is always trying to level the playing field".
What's wrong with that? What if Donald Trump or another millionaire decided
to throw a ridiculous amount of money into a team and flew in the entire
New Zealand Black Sox team in to play out of Manhattan? Is that the
direction you want the ISC to go?

I don't want to criticize Bow, County, and the Farm. They have obviously
done the right things to be successful but I doubt that the individuals
hurt by an Out Of Area restriction would drop out of the game - they would
surface somewhere, probably near their home town!

Milt Michael
  From: "Milt Michael" <miltmich at telus.net>

  Als Fastball List
*Email: fastball at pmihrm.com