[Alsfastball] TidBits Nov 3, 2004 Edition all rumours and lies

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Wed Nov 3 17:36:26 EST 2004

About the most popular thing we do is to produce regular versions of
TidBits of information from the Ball Yard.

We receive a lot of anonymous information from our many subscribers that we
sift through and unless it's totally outrageous, we send it out to our
many subscribers and we post it here on this web site.

Let's be very clear, we are not the Toronto Star, we are not Sports
Illustrated, and we are not TSN or ESPN, we do not have a high paid staff
who have the time to go out and verify every story. In fact, we emphasize
that all the information is purely ball yard rumours.  This is the kind of
stuff you hear in the ballpark. But since we are mostly in the OFF-season,
there is nothing to do but share good stories that others may wish to
hear.  We are trying to duplicate the very stories one would hear in the
ballpark, if we had one to go to.

This will only provide temporary relief for those experiencing Fastball
Withdrawal and will provide no relive at all from those suffering Hockey
Withdrawal.

OK, the usual reminder:

For those not familiar with tidbits, its ballyard rumours, nothing
more. Maybe no fact here at all, but same kind of stories you hear in the
ballpark. Only those mentioned can confirm or deny these stories,
and traditionally they tell us nada, or hardly ever, but they can
straighten the story out any time.

We should add that there are guidelines for posting to the list and for
submitting TidBits, see them at:
<http://www.alsfastball.com/webstart/news1.htm>http://www.alsfastball.com/webstart/news1.htm

We have received more rumours about the Broken Bow Spirit / Broken Spirit
than all other teams combined, including:

Doc Simmons to have a scaled down version of Broken Bow which will include
Gerald Muizelaar and a handful of others from last year's world champs.
Might Tim Macumber be a part of this effort after stellar performances at
the ISCs and Canadians in 2004 with Halifax-Windsor Murphy's Fish and Chips
Keith's?

Ontario News:

Jeremy Debelleval to stay home (Ontario) and will pitch for either Innerkip
Eagles or Hallman Twin City Sting.

The Hallman's (including Stu mainly) are the main money
backers for Bill Horne and his St.Thomas team hosting the 2005 Canadians.

They were after Schewyer as their main man but, he missed
the mark when pitching for Jarvis at the Canadians in St. Croix
so they have back pedaled for now.
Phibbs pitched very well at the Canadians and some believe
he has made the adjustment from junior to senior .

Watch for a big announcement soon out of Monkton re their 2nd annual World
Fastball Invitational:
<http://www.monktonfastball.com/>http://www.monktonfastball.com/

So far we have heard:
Confirmed teams are as follows: County, Circle Tap, Midland, Calgary,
Sebringville/Waterloo.
Heflin is almost certain to be there too, along with The Farm.  Just
awaiting "official" confirmation from both Rod & Tom.
Also, waiting to see what Doc has left, of what he is putting together for
Bow.
Working on a TV deal, and , bringing in a "major" recording artist/band for
the shows Fri and Sat night.

Illinois News:

New Decatur team rumor is now not going to happen.  Vic Johns will take his
140k to St. Louis to sponsor and manage.  Marty Grant, Terry Luster and Rob
Scweyer to pitch.  St. Louis will be reuniting with Schweyer after bad
fallout two seasons ago.

Bloomington Stix will fold.  Players going to St. Louis to play or to Aurora.

Softball Canada

What the heck is "Motion Number 1" all about?

That is what a lot of subscribers are asking re item on their AGM agenda.
Go to <http://www.softball.ca>www.softball.ca, click on 2004 Motions & Rule
proposals.  Click on PDF Format and read motion 1.  Particularly the
rationale part.

Several fans say it means that Softball Canada wants no part of the ISC or
NAFA or any other softball body in Canada while almost as many say it's the
opposite, Softball Canada wants to align its rules with the ISC (which is
the ASA rule set). One wag guessed the motion was to make sure that all
parties seriously interested in the men's game go to the AGM in Vancouver
and find out!

ISC II

Watch for a lot of interest in the ISC Travel League of Eastern Canada
expansion meeting in Embro this Sunday.
<http://www.escribe.com/sports/alsfastball/m16408.html>http://www.escribe.com/sports/alsfastball/m16408.html

With the Canadian Senior Men's Championship being held in St. Thomas in 2005
and the ISC World Tournament and ISC II Tournament of Champions scheduled
for Kitchener in 2006, joining the league will be an excellent opportunity
for teams to sharpen their skills in advance of these top events taking
place in Ontario over the next two years.

Teams that should consider joining the Travel League and getting an
advantage on the competition include:

Teams competing for a berth in the ISC World Tournament
Teams competing for a berth in the ISC II Tournament of Champions
Teams competing for a berth in the Senior Canadian Men's
Teams competing for a berth in the Junior Canadian Men's

Divisional play and/or weekend schedules will be available and even
encouraged for teams who may have concerns about mid-week travel. Week night
games are NOT a requirement for joining the league.

AND, the Eastern Canadian ISC Travel League was first out of the shute
announcing its 2005 ISC and ISC Qualifying Tournament in Innerkip, June
17-19, 2005 http://www.escribe.com/sports/alsfastball/m16425.html

And they dared me,
http://www.blackphotocentre.com/blacks/control/photosite/aldoran42@blacks
does this mean the big guy will not be in the ball yard as much in 2005?

  Als Fastball List
*Email: fastball at pmihrm.com