[Alsfastball] Attention all aol.com subscribers

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Wed Nov 10 16:37:53 EST 2004

We have reduced the number of aol.com subscribers to well below the 120
mark we had a year ago, about the time the brain trust at aol.com started
blocking our email.

We have however not convinced everyone that aol.com is absolutely the worst
ISP we have ever encountered, even though subscribers are walking away in
droves and moving to a real ISP.

We still cannot send email from our fastball list through our normal home
office connection using Sympatico.ca, the bigots who run aol.com think that
anything from Canada must be spam and they block us.  So a few times a
week, we save up the most important looking email news and we connect to a
very slow dial up connection using our Allstream.net account.

That is why our loyal subscribers who are still stuck with aol.com only get
their email in short bursts a couple of times a week.

We do not always have the time to do this so its time to take the step of
officially declaring aol.com as a rouge ISP and banning them from our
subscriber list.  We WILL continue to send some email to our existing
aol.com subscribers a couple of times a week, if we have time, for now at
least.

We will NOT however add any new aol.com subscribers to the list.  We will
encourage any who ask to join to read the archives for now but to seriously
think about getting a real ISP connection. Both hotmail.com and yahoo.com
now have much larger incoming file space and that is always an option for
those poor folks stuck with aol.com

For now, we will accept postings from aol.com subscribers however we cannot
guarantee how long this will last.

If the bigots at aol.com would get off their collective fat
<http://www.google.ca//search?hl=en&q=gluteus+maximus&spell=1>gluteus<http://www.google.ca//search?hl=en&q=gluteus+maximus&spell=1>
maximus  and fix the problem they have had for the past year (stop blocking
mail from sympatico.ca) we will seriously consider returning aol.com to our
normal subscriber data base.

thanks

Al

  Als Fastball List