[Alsfastball] Fawcett a Snapper; ISC league & Sr. Elimns on the Horizon?

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Sat Dec 18 14:44:19 EST 2004

From: "Perry Bartley" <misterpaulo at hotmail.com>
To: fastball at pmihrm.com
Subject: Fawcett a Snapper; ISC league & Sr. Elimns on the Horizon?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:30:20 -0500

Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

Fastball Community,

Niagara Snappers Fastball Club update.

Qualifying for the ISC II Tournament of Champions held in Chippewa Falls,
WI. continues to be the Snappers major goal for 2005.  With that in mind
the team plans to commit to top level play within Ontario.  The intention
is to play in the Ontario ISC Alliance, with the hope of better preparing
the team for the ISC II Qualifier and hopefully the T of C.  The Snappers
will remain active in the Golden Horseshoe Fastball League as well.

With the jump to the ISC, the team is also pleased to announce the
acquisition of pitcher, Rob Fawcett.  Rob is a native of Port Elgin and
will be with the team specifically for the ISC league, pending league
approval and a few tournaments.  In 2004, Fawcett was a force with the Port
Elgin Blue Devils and also pitched with the Waterloo Junior Twins at the
Junior Nationals.  Rob is only 23 years of age but already has the ability
to keep quality hitters off balance with a good mix of speeds and
consistently keeping the ball on the corners of the plate.  Niagara Head
Coach, Jay Paylove was pleased with this addition.

"We saw enough of him last year to know what we are getting and at his age
we feel he is only getting better".

With regards to the ISC league Paylove added,

"We may take a few lumps....but we also may surprise a few teams.  Our
hitters and defensive game will benefit the most from this and we're
confident that we'll hold our own against the best in the province".

The Snappers are also close to making a decision regarding the 2005 Senior
Eliminations.  Ultimately, the Snappers involvement in ISC II play may
result in eligibility issues for the eliminations.  Team reps are currently
working with ISC officials to resolve these concerns.  We hope to clarify
our intentions early in the new year.

To check out the latest news and stories surrounding the Snappers and the
fastball community go to...

http://eteamz.active.com/niagarasnappers

Perry Bartley
Niagara Snappers Fastball Club