[Alsfastball] Four Elected to the ISC Hall of Fame

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Aug 18 21:03:21 EDT 2005

To: "Al's Fastball List" <fastball at pmihrm.com>
From: Bret Baughman <stats4u at iscfastpitch.com>
Subject: Four Elected to the ISC Hall of Fame

Four Elected To the I.S.C. Hall Of Fame

            A pair of left-handed pitchers, a
nimble shortstop, and a sponsor of an ISC World
Champion team and host of an ISC World Tournament
were elected to the International Softball Congress Hall of Fame.

Ed Klecker of California was an outstanding
pitcher who led the Lakewood, Ca. Jets to the
World Tournament title in 1973. In that event he
was an All-World selection. He was also the
tourney’s “Outstanding Pitcher” and the “Most
Valuable Player” of the tourney which was held in Rock Island, Illinois.

Klecker was also an All-World tournament pitcher
in 1972 and again in 1974 with the Lakewood Jets.
In both the 1972 and 1973 World Tournament, he
lead all hurlers with the most strikeouts.

Brad Underwood of Ontario was a dominant
left-handed pitcher who was four times an
All-World Tournament choice while throwing for
Canadian Tire of Owen Sound, Ontario, and All Car
of Green Bay Wisconsin. In the 1991 and 1994
World Tournaments he was selected as the event’s “Outstanding Pitcher”

In the 1991 World Tournament, Underwood turned in
a performance for the ages when he beat defending
champion Seattle 2-1, threw a perfect game
against Aurora, tossed a 22-inning 1-0 shutout
over Santa Rosa, and blanked Sioux City for nine
innings in the championship contest – all in the span of 32 hours!

Greg Sepulveda of California was a splendid
shortstop. He starred with several teams but was
at his best while earning All-World tournament
laurels in both 1984 and 1985 with the Lancaster, California Chameleons.

Sepulveda’s talents led the Chameleons to a 3rd
place World Tournament finish in 1984 and to the runner-up spot in 1986.

Art Gillis of Michigan holds the unique
distinction of having captured an I.S.C. World
Championship (1979) as sponsor of the Saginaw,
Michigan, Bolters and also having served as the
host and sponsor of an I.S.C. World Tournament.
The latter event, played in 1981 in Saginaw, is
believed by many to have been the greatest World
Tournament in the proud history of the
International Softball Congress. Gillis was the
first ever Michigan I.S.C. commissioner. He also
served later as an I.S.C. commissioner in Florida.

These four men, heroes to followers of fastball,
will be inducted into the ISC Hall of Fame in
August, 2006 during the World Tournament in Kitchener, Ontario.

Aug. 17, 2005

Gordon Wise
ISC Information Officer

Bret Baughman
ISC Historian and Asst. Statistician
Fax: 319-396-4247
Email: stats4u at iscfastpitch.com
Check out all the latest ISC News at:
http://www.iscfastpitch.com
The History of the ISC World Tournament can be found at:
http://www.iscfastpitch.com/webstartme/history.htm

Als Fastball List
*Email: <mailto:fastball at pmihrm.com>fastball at pmihrm.com
Website: http://www.alsfastball.com/