[Alsfastball] 'Little things' key to success for Razzy’s Fawcetts at Senior Men's Canadians

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Aug 25 00:26:59 EDT 2005

From: "Patrick Healey" <pat_healey at pei.sympatico.ca>
To: "Al Doran" <fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: 'Little things' key to success for Razzy's Fawcetts at
         Senior Men's Canadians
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:40:56 -0300

'Little things' key to success for Razzy's

Fawcetts at Senior Men's Canadians

By Pat Healey

CHARLOTTETOWN - For the Charlottetown Razzy's Roadhosue Fawcetts to have
success at the Canadian Senior Men's Softball Nationals in St. Thomas, Ont.
beginning Saturday they will need to do the little things correctly.

" For us to be successful we need to do the little things right, play some
defence and make some plays behind our pitchers, move runners and get some
big hits," Paul MacKinnon, a player on the team, said. "This is the first
time back for alot of us in several years and we have some great young
players such as Chris Craig and Jason Blanchard. I expect big things from
those young players...they are great young talents...."

MacKinnon said keeping the errors to a minimal will be key to any surprises
of top teams such as PEI #1 representative Kinkora Hitmen, the Kitchener
Hallman Twins and the hosts and strong St. Thomas Canadians squad.

"We'll hit the ball we just cannot give runs away and we will sneak up on
some teams," he added.

Charlottetown has played regularly in the Source for Sports Men's
Intermediate Fast Pitch League, and sits in second at 16-3 behind the
Hitmen (17-3) in the league standings.
"We're very pleased with having a senior program out of Charlottetown again
and the support we have recieved from both the public and our sponsors,"
MacKinnon said.

Coach Allan Power said support for softball in the Capital city was evident
when the Fawcetts played Team Canada in a tune up for Canada for the ISF
Jr. Men's World Softball Championship in Summerside and at their Canada Day
tournament, which attracted teams from across the Maritimes.

"We are in a building process and trying to get better and put a good
product on the field, which we have done thus far" coach Power said.
The Fawcvetts haven't gone without their bumps and bruises during the
season as MacKinnon is returning to form after sitting out five weeks with
an injury; speedy shortstop Stecve Larter is just getting healthy but thesy
have experience at Nationals on their side. Team and league leading hitter
Mark Arsenault and Rob McIntee have been to close to 30 nationals combined,
Power said.

"I really expect my veteran players like MacKinnon, Larter, Jamie
MacDonald, Rob McIntee and Mark Arsenault to lead by example for our
younger players," Power explained. "They are looking forward to the
spotlight once again wearing a Fawcett's uniform."

He pointed out the gas man Mike Bishop is pitching, he is optimistic of the
Fawcetts gaining entry into the playoffs.

"With the new format of eight games in five days, I like the fact I finally
will have a full bench to work with. Everybody will have to play a major
role either through pitching, hitting, pinch running or playing defense,"
he said. "Everybody will have to contribute to have success.

"It might be a blessing that we had a short bench all year as a lot of guys
got to play different positions which allows me to put my best nine hitters
on the field at all times. We just cannot beat ourselves."

The roster for the Fawcetts includes just three pickups, all from
Newfoundland and Labrador as noted below:
Mike Bishop; Chris Craig; Steve Bishop; Jonathon Broderick; Newfoundland
and Labrador's Harold Kelly, Andy MacDonald and Jope Fagan; Jason
Blanchard; Paul MacKinnon; Rob MacIntee, Steve Larter; Mark Arsenaualt;
Jamie MacDonald; Cory MacKiegan; Jason Gallant, coach Allan Power; manager
Campy Gallant

  Als Fastball List
*Email: fastball at pmihrm.com
NEWS: http://fastpitchwest.com/alsfastball.htm