[Alsfastball] Update from David Bell in Las Vegas

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Wed Sep 21 15:08:24 EDT 2005

From: <dvbell22 at cox.net>
To: <fastball at pmihrm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:00:57 -0400

Las Vegas, NV

      Hello Al from Las Vegas, Nv. I hope all is well with you. I see there
is a lot of discussion in the ISC with the new PRAWN rule. It sounds
interesting, and hopefully a way to get more teams and sponsors involved in
the game by spreading out the talent pool.

      To all that have made the trip to Las Vegas for the SPRING SWING
FASTPITCH WEEKEND in the months of March or April for the last 6 seasons, I
just wanted to let you know of my new email address: dvbell22 at cox.net
      I am hopeful to have the SSFW once again in 2006 to kick off
everyone's respective seasons. There is a slim possibility that I might not
be able to get the tournament off as I am up for a head coaching position
at a high school I represent. If for some reason I don't get the position,
then I will more than likely host the tournament once again.
      However, one casualty is the FALL CLASSIC that has been played in
October or November. This one was in question last year because of the
inability to get fields when I wanted to put on the tourney. Now, another
hobby of mine has jumped in the way.
      For around 20 years I have been a high school public address
announcer for football, basketball, and marching band competitions. This
year Palo Verde High School, where my two daughters attended, and where I
have served for the last 8 years as there "Voice of the Panthers", has
asked me to provide live internet play by play coverage of their football
and basketball games on www.network1sports.com Needless to say, a Fall
Classic is out of the question as most know that have been here during that
time period, that I have little to no help to pull from.
      So please take down my new email, and if you and your team are
interested in coming to Vegas in March / April for the Spring Swing let me
know, and I will keep you up to date of the possibility of the tournament
continuing.
      And, if you're at home on a Friday night throughout the high school
football season, please listen in live to
www.network1sports.com/N1PALOVERDE.html at 6:40 pacific time to my
broadcast, and let me know what you think as I accept all of the
constructive criticism I can get in my first year of doing play by play.
You can email me during the game at pvhsvoice at hotmail.com to let me know
where you are listening from. Hopefully one of these fastpitch tournaments
I can take my equipment and broadcast games that are being played during it
and therefore stay involved with the great game of Fastpitch or Fastball.

Thank you, and enjoy your off-season!!!

David Bell
Las Vegas Hitmen
mail to: dvbell22 at cox.net