NAFA Open 2006

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Mon Nov 21 23:03:43 EST 2005

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:25:59 -0600 (CST)
Subject: NAFA Open 2006
From: zakkflash(at)greenbaynet.com
To: fastball(at)pmihrm.com

November 21
Kimberly, WI

Hello all.  As you are preparing your schedules for the '06 campaign,
please let me invite you to entertain the idea of playing in the Open
Division of the NAFA World Series.  I am directing this at you, all major
level teams.  You may sit and ask yourself why.  I did the same.  I
attended a meeting a couple weeks ago with the board of directors of the
group responsible for bringing the NAFA to the Fox Valley here in
Wisconsin, namely Appleton and Kimberly.  I was asked to see if I could
help recruit the top teams from across North America to compete in the
Open division of the NAFA World Series.  I won't lie to you, I was quite
skeptical of the idea since the past couple of years have drawn a scarce
few teams.  As I sat through the meeting I began to like more and more of
what I heard.  This group of people have worked their tails off to try and
make this division a success.  They are willing to work very hard to
please as many teams as possible to make this thing work and I personally
think that it is something all of you major squads should take a look at.
The Open Event will be held at Kimberly's Sunset Park, in my opinion, the
finest fastpitch facility anywhere.  The strong fan base and extremely
talented volunteers will put on an excellent tournament.  The dates are
August 22-24.  It is an Open tournament meaning just that.  There is no
out of area, there is no limit on pitchers etc.  You come and play with
what you have.  To add a bit more excitement there is a strong possibility
that this tournament will be held in conjunction with the Women's Pro
Fastpitch World Series.  This is not a done deal yet so don't quote me
just yet but the finances are in check and all signs point toward it
happening.  Who wouldn't want to come to the ballpark and watch Jennie
Finch throw and then watch one of the men's top fireballers in the same
night.

I really can't stress how hard this group of people have worked to make
the Open division part of the 2006 NAFA World Series.  I will tell you
that our Circle Tap team will be there and I know other teams have
committed.

Please feel free to send me any questions and I will get them answered for
you as timely as possible.  I am not an official board member but I will
get answers for you.  If you have any suggestions, please feel free to ask
those as well.
Thank you for your time.

Zakk
CT Fastpitch