TidBits November 22, 2006

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Tue Nov 22 12:47:31 EST 2005

For those not familiar with tidbits, its ballyard rumours, nothing
more. Maybe no fact here at all, but same kind of stories you hear in the
ballpark. Only those mentioned can confirm or deny these stories,
and traditionally they tell us nada, or hardly ever, but they can
straighten the story out any time.

We should add that there are guidelines for posting to the list and for
submitting TidBits, see them at:
http://www.alsfastball.com/webstart/news1.htm

Subscribers tell me that TidBits is the most read and most popular of all
the items we send out to our subscriber list.

I am going to take advantage of that fact and ask that all subscribers take
note that eScribe is still down, has been since about day two of the ISC's
in Eau Claire, but we never missed a beat, thanks to Saint James of
FastpitchWest.com, our good friend Jim Flanagan has provided us with an
excellent back up site with http://fastpitchwest.com/alsfastball

This is the time of the year when there is more talk than actual news, but
since this is all we have for the news starved fans, here we go  - and
maybe just maybe the team organizers will let us know what is going on -
informally or otherwise!

Well after our recent TidBits of November 18, we got both corrections and
updates and in addition to that, there is some startling news out of Ontario.

ONTARIO

SIX NATIONS

The Six Nations Chiefs have folded!  Well, at least for 2006. Their plans
to field a senior team and take a serious run at the ISC and the Canadians
will have to wait.

That means that the legendary Darren Zack is once again without a team, but
do not bet this will last for long, a couple of Ontario teams are very
interested in him we are told.

It also means that the players from Newfoundland who were going to move
over from playing ball in Frankenmuth are now without a team as well.  A
lot of good players may be available because of this. Speaking of players
from Newfoundland, its hard to believe that Ward Gosse has not been signed
by an ISC team to pitch in 2006. He has made it quite clear that he is in
shape and is very interested in playing with an ISC team for the 2006 season.

And update and some corrections passed to us on the new Owen Sound Select
River Shark Smokers:

OWEN SOUND

Management:

Dennis Bruckert, head coach - late of Circle Tap
Bob Nydick, general manager - late of River Sharks
Peter J. Porcelli, II, consultant/coach - late of Calgary Diamonds

ADD ON:
Shawn Ringel as GM/ Ontario Liason/ Owen Sound rep/ Bus Driver/ local
fundraiser,/ Tourny Organizer Guy

Pitching Staff:

Frank Cox - late of Calgary Diamonds
Rob O'Brien - late of Circle Tap
Michael White - late of Moorhead Imaging Solution Knights

ADD ON:
Andy Jackson

Other players:

Sean O'Brien
Mike Taylor
Pat Graham
Ian Fehrman
Dan Loney

ADD ON:

Rhys Casley
David Boys
Andy Jackson
Todd Moyer
Steve Schott

Rumour also out of Owen Sound is that the Crunch have folded, could this
mean Tim Cox? Ken Kivell? Trevor Wardell? in the mix?
Further confirmed that new Owen Sound team will have a very Crunch flavour.

another rumour from the sound is possibility of a bid to host 2008 senior
mens nationals is being put together so that this super team can show their
stuff at the national level - minus the Americans and Kiwis of course.

And out of Jarvis, a clarification that Pat Graham had their full blessing
to go and play with the Owen Sound team in 2006. Graham is very involved
with the Jarvis team at the local level and the national level and is in
fact one of their key fund raisers and jack of all trades helping to keep
this good young team afloat.

And more from Owen Sound:
Robbie O'Brien has been contacted by the same New York City modified team
that Chad Rawn has played with since 1999 to be the #1 pitcher next season
for a couple of choice tournaments including the ASA Nationals (likely a 2
weekend commitment throughout the summer, including the Labour Day
weekend).  That could mean that Robbie might miss the Canadian nationals
next summer.  The modified game has taken off as of late with several ISC
stars (including major Kiwi players) having made their way into the
game.  Players are learning that there is major $ to be had from the teams
that are intent on winning.

KITCHENER

Kitchener Hallman Twins news:

Roster additions include Jody Eidt, Paul Koert, Chris Jones, Chris Shewfelt
and Greg Miller (after a 1 year fastball hiatus??). We will lose Rino
Dambrosio for the Worlds due to our PRAWN count. Brian Stere is looking to
retire after 16 years in a Kitchener/Waterloo uniform. We're trying to
convince him to play one more year, but he seems quite serious about
calling it a career. I GUESS 16 years as #16 is enough. Other than that,
our roster remains in tact with White, Levy, Simmons, Martin, Scott,
Bailey, Shackleton (still healing from the injury at the Canadians),
Baechler, Daer, and Boyd all back for another kick.
No word yet on the promotion of Bill Simmons to Team Scribe yet after his
outstanding contributon on the PRAWN rule.

And from a regular subscriber ouf of Fargo:

FARGO, ND

I saw your tidbits last week and it shows Quentin Mattzner going to Is
instead of us. The correct team is Kegel not IS. I have personally talked
to Quentin and he has committed to us. If you get a chance to post this
correction I would greatly appreciate it. thank you and have a great
day!!  anon

2007 WORLD TOURNAMENT

Its pretty well wrapped up now, but not officially so watch for word any
day now about the new host for 2007.

    fastball at pmihrm.com
    eScribe is down, and may be out

Our New Condo: http://www.rpt.ca/hunt/ for Sale or Rent