Tommy Botkins Appointed I.S.C. Player Representative

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Fri Jan 13 20:36:29 EST 2006

From: "Gordie Wise" <sgwise(at)woh.rr.com>
To: "Al Doran" <fastball(at)pmihrm.com>
Subject: Tommy Botkins release
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:19:29 -0500

Tommy Botkins Appointed I.S.C. Player Representative

I.S.C. Southern Vice President Charlie Smith has announced the appointment
of Tommy Botkins of Hannibal, MO., as an ISC Player Representative.

In making the appointment, Smith noted Botkins’ having played the game for
15 seasons with several strong teams in the Midwest, his serious interest
and involvement in the game, and his enthusiasm for promoting the sport and
strengthening it.

“I am honored to be offered the chance to work with the I.S.C,” says
Botkins, “Believe me, I will try anyway I can to help keep the game going
strong.”

Tommy Botkins began playing the game of fastball in 1992 for O’Donnell’s
Fastpitch from Hannibal.  He played with that team for six years.  His
first appearance as a player in an ISC World Tournament came in Kimberly in
1998, playing with the Springfield Parrots.  In 1999, he played for Bill
Cook’s National Investors team.  From 2000 – 2002, he played for Norb
Thurmer; and beginning in 2003 he has played for the Quad City Sox, the
team which finished 8th in the 2005 World Tournament.

Botkins sees himself as being versatile throughout his playing career
noting that, “I play wherever the team wants me.  I don’t have a set
position - - every year I seem to play a different position.”

As he becomes an ISC Player Rep, that background of versatility will serve
him well for that trait is critical in an effective player rep.

Tommy is single, 35 years old, and a machinist by trade.  Botkins is
replacing Chris Miljavac who has resigned due to work and family commitments.

Contact information for Tommy Botkins is:

Tommy Botkins
2706 St. Mary’s Ave.
Hannibal, MO. 63401
Phone:  573-248-1955
e-mail: <mailto:tbfastball at mywdo.com>tbfastball(at)mywdo.com

January 13, 2006

Gordon Wise - - - ISC Information Officer
<mailto:sgwise at woh.rr.com>sgwise(at)woh<mailto:sgwise at woh.rr.com>.rr.com
www.iscfastpitch.com

From: "Gordie Wise" <sgwise(at)woh.rr.com>

    fastball at pmihrm.com
    eScribe is down, but may be back soon escribe.com

Our New Condo: http://www.rpt.ca/hunt/ for Sale or Rent