PRESS RELEASE from ONTARIO AMATEUR SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION

fastball fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Mar 8 15:21:18 EST 2006

From: "Christine Patenaude" <lat(at)love-a-tree.com>
To: "Al Doran" <fastball(at)pmihrm.com>
Subject: Fw:  Corrected PRESS RELEASE2 from ONTARIO AMATEUR SOFTBALL
ASSOCIATION
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:10:13 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Geddes
ASSOCIATION

PRESS RELEASE from ONTARIO AMATEUR SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION

In 2003, the OASA revisited its softball delivery mandate and
established a challenging vision for the future along with a
proactive and comprehensive set of objectives.  One of these
proactive efforts  to give structure to the game are annual skill
clinics or expos as we now refer to them and information sessions
for players of all ages, coaches, scorekeepers, officials and
those generally interested in promoting softball within their
individual communities.  We are attempting to create a learning
environment and to promote accessibility to the game for all
those who wish to participate regardless of their knowledge base.
 Please consult the OASA website at http://www.oasa.ca/
 for detailed information on both the Expos and any general questions
you may have with respect to the Ontario Amateur Softball Association.
 We were extremely pleased to have Active 2010 funding to support
our efforts in establishing these clinics.  Each full day event
will feature fastball related sessions including skills clinics
for players 4 and up, coach’s sessions, first aid sessions, sports
injury, equipment suppliers, vendors etc. All sessions are from
9:00 - 5:00 with a cost per participant of $5.00.

This year the clinics (Expos) will run for four (4) consecutive
weeks at various locations within the province starting on the
18th of March at Canadian Martyrs Catholic School in Penetanguishene/Midland,
 followed on the 25th at the Stratford Northwestern Secondary
School.  On April 1st the expo moves to Dr. Norman Bethune Collegiate
in Scarborough and the final clinic wraps up on April 8th at
Centennial Secondary School in Belleville.

Instructors for these clinics are some of the very best in Canada.
 Gil Read, Grant Patterson, Jamie Woodend, Pat Humphries, Blake
Orr, Pete Landers, Alison Bradley and Sommer West – Canadian
Women’s team will be in Scarborough, along with Evan Boyd, Pete
Landers, Chuck Hendricks, Pat Humphries, Paul Koert and Ryan
Freedman. Gil Read, is a Softball Canada Master Instructor. Gil
has a vast amount of experience at multiple levels of the sport
including assignment with the Canadian National Women’s entry
at the 2004 Summer Olympic Games in Athens, Greece.   Blake Orr
is a native of and played his minor ball in Sydenham Ontario
just north of Kingston. Pat Humphries is a 25 year old catcher
from Scarborough, ON has entered the Senior Men’s arena in the
past two years after finishing his junior career in Oshawa. Pete
Landers played minor ball in Porcupine, Ontario before moving
on to Oshawa where he played two years of junior ball. This legend
of the game of fastball needs little introduction to his extensive
list of accomplishments.

Please take the time to check out our website and if you personally
can not attend any of our clinics please pass on this information
to some of your softball colleagues.

From: "Christine Patenaude" <lat(at)love-a-tree.com>

http://www.oasa.org/

   fastball at pmihrm.com