Details on Metro League NJ/NY

fastball fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Mar 22 16:07:16 EST 2006

From: Miller1127(at)aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:52:53 EST
Subject: Details on Metro League NJ/NY
To: Fastball(at)pmihrm.com

LINDEN, NJ

To answer some questions from the Fastpitch Community:

The new NJ/NY Metro League is made up of 4 Modified Fastpitch
Teams & 4 Windmill Teams
from New York:-Modified Teams:
Champion Construction (Last seasons Modified National Champs
-played as Gremlins) Staten Island
ADCO Electric-Modified Majors also  from Staten Island
Brooklyn Clippers-Modified Majors
Fort Apache Dodgers (Bronx)-Modified Majors

from New Jersey:-Windmill teams
Sports Club-Linden NJ
Jade Builders-Summit NJ
Rahway AC-Rahway NJ
Malcolm A's -Morris County NJ

I have been involved with Windmill Fastpitch for 40 years and
have seen 100 plus NJ leagues fold in that time, including the
3 leagues the A's have played in 1977-2005. I would like to pay
tribute to our League President Billy Oplinger, who while being
a full time Police Officer and raising along with wife Diane,
3 beautiful children, has managed to defy time and has put together
an 8 team league. Fastpitch -Modified and Windmill is alive and
well
in the Metro area for 2006.

Malcolm Miller
manager A's