Niagara Falls Men's League Tournament

fastball fastball at pmihrm.com
Mon Apr 3 18:10:24 EDT 2006

Subject: Niagara Falls Men's League Tournament
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:19:29 -0400
From: "Greatrix, Rob" <rgreatrix(at)kpmg.ca>
To: <fastball(at)pmihrm.com>

Niagara Falls Canada

Hi Al

For all intermediate/ISC II teams filling out their 2006 tournament
schedule be sure to consider the annual Niagara Falls Men's League
tournament August 11-13, 2006 in beautiful Niagara Falls Canada.

We are adopting a new format this year to address some areas
of concern. We have always had a sizeable gap in the level of
competition between all the teams that enter and we are hoping
the new format addresses this. The tournament will essentially
be divided into two tiers. The top tier will be occupied by the
more experienced competitive ISC 11 teams while the second tier
will consist of the more recreational fastball teams. In a perfect
world we would see an 8 team top tier and a 10 team second tier.
Obviously a greater percentage of the prizes and money will be
directed to the top division. The plan is to continue to advance
16 teams to Sunday into an A and B division in each tier. Essentially
this would guarantee a 4rth game for most teams. There would
be very little different form the previous years A, B, C and
D Sunday divisions format except that the tiers would not cross
over and therefore all of your preliminary games would be against
similar competition. We are probably the first tournament to
recognize the different level of competitiveness in ISC 11 play
and we are trying to accommodate all teams that wish to play
in this annual tournament, that is why we are adopting this format.
We are now inviting ALL ISC 11 teams to the tournament and spots
will be saved on a first come basis. I can't see a problem if
a team elects to play in the top tier but we will be monitoring
the bottom tier to ensure it consists of traditional club or
rec teams. Thanks to the Shooters squad from Etobicoke who stiffed
us last year we are going to have ask teams to pay up front this
year. Its unfortunate that one bad apple tarnishes everyone but
the executive had no other choice.

The total prize money will continue to be approximately $2,600
assuming we fill the field again. The entrance fee will be $350
and there will be prizes awarded as well. Of course we will have
the beer gardens overlooking diamond #1 and concessions, barbeque
and a merchandising areas.

No pitchers included on ISC and NAFA AAA lists. Visiting Niagara
Falls in the middle of summer is a great draw for many teams
and as always we will try to accommodate teams as much as we
can from a scheduling standpoint. We will send out tournament
packages with preferential hotel and restaurant rates. All teams
who come to Niagara Falls year after year can attest to the great
atmosphere, packed stands, cold beer and great friends that make
this a must tournament for all ISC 11/intermediate teams.

To reserve a spot please email Rob Greatrix (rgreatrix at kpmg.ca)
or Janet Greatrix (mookeee at hotmail.com) or call 905-354-6654
and ask for Janet or Al.

Thanks to all who consider us.