Passing of Peter Smith - Nova Scotia

fastball fastball at pmihrm.com
Mon Apr 17 00:11:24 EDT 2006

From:  "Dave Houghton" <dave.houghton(at)ns.sympatico.ca>

RE: PETER SMITH -  DEATH

Softball Nova Scotia has lost a dedicated and life-long supporter
of our sport. During his playing career, Peter had played high
level Intermediate Fast-Pitch for many years on local East Hants
Teams and had successfully participated in many tournaments throughout
Nova Scotia. His passion for coaching Minor Softball was recognized
by his peers and the many youths that were the benefactors of
his skilled approach to the game.

During the summers Peter spent countless hours coaching minor
softball teams in the East Hants area and was driving force behind
maintaining the Lantz Sports Field Complex. Teams coached & managed
by Peter successfully competed and hosted numerous Provincial
& Eastern Canadian Fastball Championships.

Peter had been a key component of the Nova Scotia Men’s Canada
Games Softball team coaching staff that successfully represented
the province in 2001 (Ontario) and 2005 (Saskatchewan).

We have lost one of our true ambassadors of our sport and a sincere
friend!

Funeral Arrangements:

Ettinger Funeral Home       ( 2812 Main Street, Shubenacadie
)

Visitation:                               Monday – April 17th
 (2-4 pm & 7-9 pm)

Memorial Service:                 Tuesday – April 18th (2 pm)

                                                Riverview United
Church,

Elmsdale, NS

Donations may be made in Peter’s name to the Lantz Recreation
Society

                  Po Box 1555

                  Lantz, NS (B2S 3H5)

From:  "Dave Houghton" <dave.houghton(at)ns.sympatico.ca>