CR/Portland in Palm Springs

fastball fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu May 25 17:14:06 EDT 2006

From:  bree10(at)comcast.net

Subject:  CR/Portland in Palm Springs

May 20/21 in Palm Springs, CA

The CR/Portland squad would like to thank Ralph Trejo and the
SoCal Bombers for a great weekend of ball in beautiful Palm Springs,
CA.  The fields, hotel, pool and scenery were very nice.  I would
recommend any teams looking to get out of the cold and play some
early and stiff competition to plan for Palm Springs in '07.

Relying on solid pitching from Mike Piechnik, Mark Bennett and
Roberto Bahler, the team managed to win all 3 games Saturday,
earning a bye in the first round of Sundays elimination.  Saturday
scores:

CR/Portland.........2
Lumberkings.........1
W-Mike Piechnik
L-Sonny Perkins

CR/Portland..........3
Team Rainey.........1
W-Mike Piechnik
L-Bricklen Anderson

CR/Portland........3
SoCal Bombers...2
W-Mark Bennett
L-Travis Price

Sunday was a different story against the SoCal Bombers,  who
won their first round game against Team Rainey.  The game started
off with CR/Portland committing some very costly errors in the
top half of the first, while not capitalizing with the bases
loaded in the bottom half.  In the end we stranded 10 runners,
with Tony Peeples and Travis Price shutting us out.

CR/Portland........0
SoCal Bombers...5
W-Tony Peeples
L-Mark Bennett

The team looks to rebound against a very strong Vancouver Grey
Sox team,  June 3/4 in Vancouver, B.C.  in a 4 game super series.

Brian Ree
CR/Portland
bree10(at)comcast.net

   fastball at pmihrm.com