Woodstock - Game 1 - started late ended early

fastball fastball at pmihrm.com
Sat Jun 3 00:46:25 EDT 2006

Due to flight problems out of NYC, part of Patsy's team could
not make it out of the airport in New York.

They came in very late to Woodstock.

Their 7pm game was put off until 11pm thanks to the gracious
hospitality of the Kitchener Twins, who agreed to delay the game
4 hours.... and to the umpires and staff who also graciously
agreed to work the late night game.

The teams took to Diamond 1 at about 11pm as scheduled, just
after the mercy game, Orillia 10-0 over Innerkip.
The game was underway by 1115pm but there were signs of trouble
in the skys, light rain at first, thunder then lightening and
the blue crew will just not let a game proceed under those conditions,
its just not safe.

Too bad, both teams were off to a great start.

Bill Simmons started the game off with one of his classic singles
for Kitchener, hustling to beat the throw at first, then moments
later stole second.

In the 3rd inning, Kitchener were leading 3-2 when the game was
called. at 1155 it was raining very hard and the lightening was
severe.

Todd Martin had the ball for Kitchner and Hinie Shannon was on
the rubber for Patsys.

So it was 3-2 Twins in the 3rd when UIC Peter K called the game.
 I do not know where this picks up, I am guessing on Sunday morning
as there is a full schedule for tomorrow.
I will be changing the schedule soon, Patsys is playing the 8am
game instead of Kitchener.

We hope to report all day tomorrow, Saturday.

thanks

Al

   fastball at pmihrm.com

Visit our New Web Site! http://www.pmihrm.com