Woodstock - Friday evening - first four games 2006

fastball fastball at pmihrm.com
Sat Jun 3 01:53:41 EDT 2006

Woodstock Legends of Fastball 2006

Friday, June 2, 2006

Woodstock, ON

Game 1
7pm

Kitchener Hallman Twins vs Patsys of New York.

Part of the team delayed due to problems getting out of New York
today, so tournament directors ask Hallman Twins if they will
play at 11pm if Patsys can make it by then. Graciously, Twins
agree to play at 11pm

Patsys arrive around 10pm and by 11pm are on diamond 1 with Kitchener
warming up and by 1115 Game 1 is finally underway. Unfortunately,
the weather that held Patsys in New York was now moving in on
the Woodstock area.

Bill Simmons started the game off with one of his classic singles
for Kitchener, hustling to beat the throw at first, then moments
later stole second.

In the 3rd inning, Kitchener were leading 3-2 when the game was
called. at 1155 it was raining very hard and the lightening was
severe.

Todd Martin had the ball for Kitchner and Heinie Shannon was
on
the rubber for Patsys.

So it was 3-2 Twins in the 3rd when UIC Peter Kluszczynskicalled
the game.
 I do not know where this picks up, I am guessing on Sunday morning
as there is a full schedule for tomorrow.
I will be changing the schedule soon, Patsys is playing the 8am
game instead of Kitchener Sat am.

GAME 2

Heflin Gremlins at Jarvis Merchants

Heflin: 0.0.0.2.0.2.0.x.x.x.3.6.2
Jarvis: 1.0.0.0.0.1.x.x.x.x.2.6.0

WP: Paul Algar: 7Ip, 2R, 2ER, 6H, 9K, 1BB
C: Chris Kostez

LP: Andrew Phibbs: 7IP, 3R, 3ER, 6H, 8K, 3BB
C: Allan Phibbs

For Heflin, Edwardo Leonard had a home run.
Dave Thompson, 3 hits, 2 RBIs.

For Jarvis, Chris Smith had a home run in the 1st.; first pitch
of the game.

MVP of game went to Dave Thompson, left fielder for Heflin, 3
for 3, 2 RBIs,  3 put outs.

This game was played on diamond 1 since Patsys was not available
to play Kitchener at the scheduled 7pm start time.

GAME 3

Innerkip Eagles at Orillia River Sharks

Orillia: 10
Innerki:  0

5-inning mercy

Inneriip: 0.0.0.0.0.x.x.x.0.6.0
Orillia:  3.3.2.2.X.x.x.x.10.13.0

WP : Michael White : 5IP, 0R, 0ER, 6H, 8K, 0BB
C: Sean O’Brien

LP: Jamie Simpson: 3IP, 6R, 6ER, 7H, 2K, 3BB
    Jeremy DeBelleville: 2IP, 4R, 4ER, 6H, 4K, 1BB
C: Pat Humfries

MVP of Game: Rob O’Brien of River Sharks
2 singles, 2 doubles,

Fehrman had 3 hits and one RBI
MCtavish had 3 RBIs, 2 run homer.

For the Eagles, Derek Wright had one triple.

GAME 3

St. Thomas Centenniels at Midland Explorers

St. Thomas:  1
Midland:     0

St. Thomas:  0.0.0.0.0.1.0.x.x.x.1.5.0
Midland:     0.0.0.0.0.0.0.x.x.x.0.2.1

WP: Darren Zack: 7IP, 0R, 0ER, 2H, 7K, 1BB
2-hit game for Zee man
C: Dave Momberry

LP: Doug Gillis: 7IP, 1R, 1ER, 5H, 9K
C: Steve Roberts

Brian Harvey had two hits for St. Thomas

With one out in the top of the 6th, Troy Rick had a single. Left
fielder Mark Coleman drove in Troy Rick with a two out single.

MVP of Game: Mark Coleman

Lots of action planned for Saturday:

http://www.alsfastball.com/uploads/File/2006_Legends_ScheduleA.htm

   fastball at pmihrm.com