Ike Hoover- Sioux Falls Sox

fastball fastball at pmihrm.com
Tue Jul 18 17:00:49 EDT 2006

From:  "Michael Mueller" <mmueller(at)prairiewave.com>

Subject:  Ike Hoover- Sioux Falls Sox

July 18, 2006

It is with a feeling of deep regret and sorrow that notice was
given today that Ike Hoover, manager of the Sioux Falls Sox passed
away in a Sioux Falls hospital. On behalf of the Sioux Falls
fast pitch community we send our condolences out to his wife
Sharon, sons Tim and Jay and the rest of the family.

Ike Hoover, was a man who was recognized during his playing days
as one of the best softball players in the mid-west. During his
decades of both playing and teaching the sport of fasptich to
younger males his actions were pivotal in helping players understand
the fundamentals of the game. .. He was the first one to pat
you on the back when you did something good, but also was the
first guy you heard in the dug-out when he was disgusted with
your actions. This is what made him special to us. It was his
style He was a personality in his own right. His work ethic and
his desire to always improve no matter the situation in the game
made him a very special player/manager. Even though Ike was assertive
about his opinions and views on how the game should be run, he
always made decisions on what he thought was best for the game.
The softball community most respected him for his love for the
game. His passion for means fast pitch was second to none.

We have lost one of the true Sioux Falls ambassadors of our great
sport and a sincere friend!

Mike Mueller
Phone: 605-965-9501
Fax: 605-965-7731
Email:mmueller(at)prairiewave.com

   fastball at pmihrm.com

2006 ISC World Tournament - Kitchener, Ontario
http://www.iscfastpitch.com/