University of Ottawa Softball

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Sep 6 18:03:33 EDT 2006

From:  Scott Searle <scottsearle(at)rogers.com>

Subject:  University of Ottawa Softball

The University of Ottawa Softball team is ready to kick of the
2006 season.  After a grueling Evaluation Camp over the Labour
Day weekend, the team was selected for their quest to improve
on their Silver Medal from 2005.

2006 Roster

Jen Alexander
Nicole Dunlop
Erin Durant
Allison Hibbett
Vanessa Homiak
Lindsey McLaughlin
Erin Mulvihill
Samantha Pantalone
Carol Piche
Isabelle Richard
Allie Rutherford
Ashley Sands
Elissa Sivel
Jillian Taylor
Sarah Thompson

Coaches
Al Read
Scott Searle
Jim Cowdrey
Cory Morrison

The team will have a bit of a new look in 2006 as former Head
Coach Gil Read stepped back to focus on professional and personal
commitments, he has agreed to remain as a mentor to the program
and help at practices.  We are thrilled to announce Al Read as
our new Head Coach.  Al is no stranger to softball diamonds around
the city as he has grown up playing in the Kanata Minor Softball
Association and more recently has competed at the ISC World Tournament
with Team Easton for the last 3 years, taking home bronze and
silver medals.  Al is committed to helping the Gee-Gees in their
goal of winning the 2006 OIWFA Championship.  We are also very
excited to add Jim Cowdrey to the staff full-time.  Jim is one
of the top pitchers ever to compete for Canada and represented
his country at the ISF World Championships, as well as the Pan-American
Games.  That experience was invaluable last year and we are thrilled
to have him full time this year.  We are also very happy to announce
that Dale Aiken has agreed to join the staff.  Dale is no stranger
to the softball community in Ottawa as the new President of the
Kanata Minor Softball Association. For full biographies of all
of our coaches and athletes please visit our website.

The team heads to Windsor and Western September 16/17 for their
first games of the year.  For their full schedule please visit
our website at: www.eteamz.com/ottawaufastpitch

Assistant Coach
Scott Searle
Scottsearle(at)rogers.com