So Cal Bombers sign Darrell Tilley

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu Dec 7 18:24:52 EST 2006

So Cal Bombers sign Darrell Tilley

The So Cal Bombers are pleased to announce the signing of pitcher
Darrell Tilley for the 2007 season. Already boasting a stellar
pitching duo of Sean Whitten and Tony Peeples, the Bombers are
thrilled to add the hard throwing Canadian to the staff.

In 2006 Tilley threw for the Bloomington Stix at the ISC WT and
had a strong performance that boasted one of the top strikeout/inning
ratio’s (1.65) and with Whitten gives the Bombers two of only
10 pitchers clocked at 81+ MPH at the tournament.

Coach McGiffin:
“Darrell is a bit of a hidden gem and we’re excited to add that
potential to our staff. He throws as hard as anyone in the world
and having faced him a couple of times last year, we have first
hand knowledge that he has great stuff beyond just velocity.
With more support and less innings, we think he’ll take his place
among the top throwers in the world this year.

With Darrell and Sean our staff now has two of the hardest throwers
in the ISC and with the leadership of Team USA veteran Tony Peeples,
who compliments them fully with great stuff and a bulldog approach,
we’re very excited about the depth and quality of our pitching
staff. We may be underrated in this regard going into the season
but we believe in these guys and their ability to get people
out. I think we’ll prove early on, we have the arms to make the
run.”

Leaving two spots for last minute fill-ins, Tilley’s addition
sets the So Cal Bomber roster for 2007 as follows:

1.	Darren Box				C/OF
2.	Mike Butler				INF
3.	Greg “Scrappy” Crawford		OF
4.	Nate Devine				OF/INF