Robert Stanton Appointed ISF Deputy Director of Umpires

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu Dec 21 09:12:29 EST 2006

From:  <fanzone(at)softball.ca>

Subject:  Robert Stanton Appointed ISF Deputy Director of Umpires

(Ottawa, ON) - Canada's excellence on the softball diamond has
been recognized once again, not with a medal, however, with the
appointment of New Brunswick native, Robert Stanton, as the International
Softball Federation's (ISF) Deputy Director of Umpires.

Stanton, who was appointed Softball Canada's National Director
of Umpires, in 2005, boasts over 25 years of national umpiring
and 10 years of international umpiring experience and will work
with the ISF to improve and develop the ISF umpires program as
one of the best among international sports.

"Being selected as Deputy Director of Umpires for the ISF is
a tribute to our strong national program; the preparedness of
our umpires when they go to international events and of course
the great work that has been done in the past for the ISF by
Canadians. I would especially like to thank me predecessor as
National Director of Umpires Wayne Brown."

"I am humbled and honoured to be given this appointment" added
Stanton. "To be given the opportunity to work at this level is
a chance of a lifetime. I will proudly serve on behalf of all
my fellow Canadian umpires."

Softball Canada is the National Sport Governing Body for the
development and regulation of softball in Canada. Its broad objectives
are to promote, encourage and develop mass participation and
international excellence in softball.

Softball Canada

   fastball at pmihrm.com