Thomson Merchants sign three

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Tue Jan 30 23:35:46 EST 2007

From:  "scott glazier" <s.glazier(at)mchsi.com>

Subject:  Thomson Merchants sign three

Thomson, IL

The Thomson Merchants are pleased and excited to announce that
three more players have officially signed for the 2007 season.
Steven Mason, Casey Eden and Aaron Vail have all signaled there
intentions to join the Merchants, who only recently announced
the signing of Rory Miller and Bret Percy.

Eden, a New Zealand native, will be returning for his 2nd year
with the Merchants, who have already secured a birth in the ISC
worlds in Kitchener. Eden was the Merchants top hitter last year
with a batting average above 0.400 and will again be expected
to provided a real offensive threat to opposition teams. We will
be looking to use Casey primarily in the catching role, but also
as a general utility.

Manson is a hard throwing pitcher from the Wellington area of
New Zealand. Steven has received many representative honors in
New Zealand softball, in addition to having gained considerable
experience through playing in both Europe and America in recent
seasons. Steven and Rory will be expected to provide a double
pitching threat that was severely missed last year. Steven is
also an excellent hitter and will be used in a utility role when
not on the mound.

Vail is a 23 year old  Wisconsin local who played for Happy Hollow
of EauClaire in 05  and Dolan and Murphy in 06. Aaron missed
much of last year with a hamstring injury but managed to return
for the NAFA world series where he was a valuable member of the
2nd place Aurora Tiger Club. Aaron is also the assistant coach
of the Woman's softball program at Hamiline University in St
Paul, Minnesota . Aarons defensive ability will see him spending
time in a variety of positions including catcher and the middle
infield.

The Merchants are now close to being able to confirm there full
schedule and roster for 2007 but hope to make some more roster
announcements before the season starts. Already we are confident
that both our defense and offense are substantial upgrades on
2006, and this combined with the experience gained in our first
full season of elite fast pitch softball should serve us well
in the tournaments we are confirmed to play. At this stage this
includes the Walcott Memorial, DSM Hall of Fame, Eau Claire Invitational,
Grafmeier, Boys of Summer, AFSA Classic, Farm, ASA Major and
ISC World Tournament.

Scott Glazier(
s.glazier(at)mchsi.com)

   fastball at pmihrm.com