Oshawa Minor Fastball 2007 Season

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Feb 7 21:02:46 EST 2007

From:  "John Mather" <John.Mather(at)durhamcollege.ca>

Subject:  Oshawa Minor Fastball 2007 Season

Oshawa, ON

Sent by John Mather on behalf of Jim Henry at jim.henry3(at)rogers.com

Attention all Boys and Girls who play Softball!!!!!

Come on out to see what we have to offer! The Oshawa Stingers

have represented Oshawa and the surrounding area in competitive

fastball since the 1990’s. We are looking for boys and

girls who would like to take their game to a higher level.

When do we practice and Play?

Our team workouts begin in February. We start on Monday Feb 12th

at St. Joseph Catholic School,1200 Summerwood Hts.,

one block south of Taunton and Harmony, west off Grand Ridge).

The mites and squirts start at 6 to 7 pm, the peewees 7 to 8:30
pm,

and the bantams from 8:30 to 10 pm. Please contact Jim Henry
at

905-721-2066 for more information about the workouts.

Our playing season runs from May to August on the field.

Where do we play?

Our home fields are Durham Fields at Durham College, and Woodview
Park in Oshawa.

What ages are we looking for?

We are looking for boys and girls to join our organization, from
8 to 16 years of age.

Cost involved for our teams?

Thanks to our year round fundraising bingo at the Red Barn, and
our tournament

Barbeques, our registration fees continue to stay low, at $ 225.00
per player.

Travel Involved?

Many of the teams we play are from our surrounding communities.
Depending on

the age group, and the teams involved, we may play teams from
Stouffville,

Port Perry, Newmarket, Vaughan, Scarborough, and Pickering.

Tournaments?

Our teams usually play 2 to 3 tournaments every summer. They
are usually on

weekends and are often close by or within an hour or so drive.
We are members

of the O.A.S.A and the P.W.S.A. and participate in Ontario playdowns
as well.

Contact Numbers:

Mite Contact (10 and under): Jim Henry 905-721-2066, jim.henry3 at rogers.com

Squirt Boys Coach (12 and under): Steve Sampson 905-723-6125,
steve.sampson at rogers.com

Peewee Boys Coach (14 and under): Dan DeBendictis 905-579-3774,
dandebeno at yahoo.ca

Bantam Boys Contact (16 and under): Jim Henry 905-721-2066, jim.henry3 at rogers.com

Bantam Girls Coach (16 and under): Kit Scovell 905-432-1928,
coachkit at sympatico.ca

For more information:

contact Jim Henry at 905-721-2066, or visit the website at www.oshawastingers.com.

   fastball at pmihrm.com