Umpire group supports OSUA

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Sun Feb 25 20:12:14 EST 2007

From:  "Joel Balberman" <isfump5(at)rogers.com>

Umpire group supports OSUA

At the Annual General Meeting of the Southern Ontario Umpires'
Association, held Sunday, February 25 in Hagersville, a constitutional
amendment was passed. The amendment called for all members of
the SOUA to be members of the Ontario Softball Umpires' Association.
This resolution was passed unanimously by the membership. With
this change, the SOUA becomes the first local umpire group in
the province to make OSUA membership mandatory.

"Our membership wanted to send a strong message of support for
the OSUA, its purposes and goals, " explained newly-elected SOUA
President, Allison Gowling. "Our members want to see an autonomous
organization at the helm of officiating for our sport," veteran
umpire Gowling went on to say. "We believe that the time has
come for the umpire program in Ontario to be self-governing.
Further, we challenge other umpire groups in this province to
consider adopting the same membership requirements."

The Southern Ontario Umpires' Association was formed in 1989,
and services teams and leagues in the Hamilton-Wentworth, Brant
and Haldimand-Norfolk regions. For further information about
SOUA, contact Allison Gowling at agowling(at)mountaincable.net

From:  "Joel Balberman" <isfump5(at)rogers.com>

   fastball at pmihrm.com