2007 MEN’S FAST-PITCH TOURNAMENT INVITE on Isle of Gurnsey

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Mar 14 11:27:38 EDT 2007

From:  Curt Taylor <curtt21(at)hotmail.com>

Dear Organisation/Team

2007 MEN’S FAST-PITCH TOURNAMENT INVITE        **** NEW DATES!!!
****

On behalf of the Guernsey Softball Association I would like to
officially extend an invitation to you/your organisation to participate
in our annual Men’s Fast-Pitch Open Tournament.  Once again,
the event is offering PRIZE-MONEY to the top three placings!

Please find below a list of PREVIOUS PRIZE-MONEY WINNERS:-

2002		1st  		DEN –	Danish Dynamite 	£3,000
		2nd	GBR –	USAF Lakenheath	£1,500
		3rd	GUE – 	Guernsey 	£500
2003		1st		CZE –	Tempo Prague	£3,000
		2nd	GUE – 	LGM Giants	£1,500
		3rd	GUE – 	Rangers	£500
2004		1st		GUE – 	Rangers	£700
		2nd	GUE – 	Titans	£350
		3rd	GUE – 	Scorpions	£100
2005		1st		GBR –	USAF Lakenheath	N/A due to 2006 70th Anniversary
		2nd	GUE – 	Rangers	N/A due to 2006 70th Anniversary
		3rd	GUE – 	LGM Giants	N/A due to 2006 70th Anniversary
2006		1st		CZE –	Radotín	£2,500
		2nd	GUE – 	Rangers	£1,000
		3rd	GUE – 	LGM Giants	£500

The size of ‘the pot’ will once again only be limited by the
number of entries that we receive.  The more confirmed entries,
the bigger the pot!
There will be prize money for 1st 2nd and 3rd placed teams.
The team placed 1st can expect to take home with them a minimum
of £2,500 (approx €3,662 Euros) and dependent on entries, as
much as £5,000 (approx €7,324 Euros).

Previous participants have enjoyed not only the competition,
but our idyllic island and its activities and nightlife and found
the people of Guernsey to be hospitable, friendly hosts!

**** NEW DATES!!! **** Please note that our traditional dates
for the event have now changed to avoid a continued clash with
the European Cup events.  The event is now to take place over
August 4th, 5th and 6th (Saturday, Sunday & Monday).

For teams taking part in the European Cup events, the GSA Open
could prove to be an ideal “warm-up” tournament for the European
Cup and Cup Winners Cup!

The tournament is an OPEN event and therefore is not limited
to “club teams”!  National Teams are also encouraged to participate.
 Once again we aim to host and accommodate competitive fast-pitch
softball!

We currently utilise two fully enclosed diamonds (1 skimmed and
1 grass), however, if required a third fully enclosed diamond
(grass) can be put into operation….. all within yards of each
other.  The tournament format guarantees an absolute minimum
of five games each, ensuring that every team has maximum diamond
time.  Qualified umpires will be in attendance.

Interest has already been shown from teams in Belgium, Switzerland
and Boston U.S.A. (plus Guernsey team(s)).

The closing date for the tournament is June 23rd.

I would be more than happy to assist with your travel and accommodation
arrangements.

Please contact me at the e-mail address below for further information
including entrance form(s).

If you would like to know more about the Island of Guernsey,
please visit the following websites:

•	http://www.visitguernsey.comhttp://www.cwgsy.net/private/baf/index.htmhttp://www.gov.gg/ccm/portal/

Thank you for your time and I sincerely look forward to hearing
from you in the near future……….. Long live fast-pitch!

Kind regards

Curt Taylor
curt.guernsey.softball(at)hotmail.com

Kind regards