OSUA INSURANCE GOES ACTIVE

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Apr 4 07:00:36 EDT 2007

From:  "Ian Turnbull" <iturnbul(at)aci.on.ca>

Subject:  OSUA INSURANCE GOES ACTIVE

April 2, 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ontario Softball Umpires’ Association Insurance Benefit now in
Effect

Toronto: The Ontario Softball Umpires’ Association (OSUA) is
pleased to announce that the liability and accident insurance
policy for its members is now in effect.

The policy includes $5 million in liability coverage and $20,000
in accident insurance for umpires and volunteers that are acting
on behalf of the OSUA.  There is no additional charge if a member
officiates more than one kind of softball. The coverage for accident
insurance is cross Canada and the liability coverage is worldwide.
Optional accident coverage is available for any member who wishes
coverage while umpiring outside of Canada.

“We’re trying to identify the needs of softball umpires, no matter
if they are involved in fastpitch or slopitch, 3-pitch, orthodox,
houseleague, provincial, national or international officiating,”
explained membership director Joel Balberman.  “We truly think
this and all the other benefits that we are providing our members
make the cost of membership worthwhile.  More than that however,
we firmly believe that having an autonomous umpires’ association
that is responsible for representing the interests of umpires,
and working on behalf of umpires, is the fundamental reason why
many officials will join our new organization.”

The OSUA’s motto is “Umpires Working for Umpires”.  Along with
the insurance coverage that is now in place, members enjoy a
ten per cent discount for purchases of apparel and equipment
at Honig’s.Whistle Stop Canada Inc.  They can get discounts on
St. John Ambulance courses and first aid supplies.  And members
will be able to take advantage of new affiliations with other
softball organizations, providing them with opportunities to
umpire at events these organizations host, and thereby giving
them increased personal growth and development.

The cost of a membership in the OSUA is only $25, which is about
the same as one game fee.  Not only are members able to take
advantage of OSUA benefits, but they will also be showing their
support to an organization that is devoted to their well-being
as umpires.

The OSUA’s objective is to be an all-encompassing organization
for umpires. Its goal is to be member-driven, offering the benefits
and services that our members need and ask for.

For more information on the OSUA, its insurance and other benefits,
check out the website www.osua.ca

“Umpires Working for Umpires”

   fastball at pmihrm.com