Paul Algar update

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu Apr 5 13:52:47 EDT 2007

From:  "algar11" <palgar11(at)verizon.net>

Subject:  Paul Algar update

Hi Al, as you all know I was attacked in New Zealand on the way
home from my local bar by a man wheeling a crow bar.  I was knocked
unconscious and repeatedly hit over the head. I was later found
laying in the gutter bleeding from the head and taken to the
hospital where I underwent surgery to remove bone fragments and
blood from my brain, they also placed two metal plates in to
raise my skull from the brain.  My nose was broken (again) and
I received gashes to my ear and head that required 22 stitches.
 I spent 4 days in the hospital recovering and still get frequent
headaches and dizziness, within a millimeter of losing my life,
thankfully I will make a full recovery.

Al, that is not my main reason for this e-mail, due to such a
large amount of get well wishes that would take me a month to
reply to, and most did not come with a return address unless
specifically included. I really would like to thank everyone
through you that sent me get well wishes, cards and emails for
a speedy recovery.  I got emails from people that I have never
met before who have seen me play, and from countries, team Canada,
team USA, Australia and New Zealand black Sox.  Not to mention
my fellow competitor, from the best the game has ever seen to
young men starting out.  This was an unbelievably difficult time
for me and you all lifted my spirits and touched me, thanks for
your compassion, I hope I never have to return the favor. love
your family, cherish life, play hard, there could be no tomorrow.

The real bad news is that I can have only one beer,for now.

Thanks again.

Paul Algar
palgar11(at)verizon.net

   fastball at pmihrm.com