Jimmy "Mayday" May

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Tue Apr 24 06:51:30 EDT 2007

From:  Edward Boggs <boggs41(at)rogers.com>

Subject:  Jimmy "Mayday" May

Toronto, ON

For those of you that knew Jimmy you all know his love for the
game
of Fastball. I have had the privilege to play with him for the
last
17 years and had become a close friend.

I am still in shock, and cannot understand "WHY" this has happened.

Jimmy was a very competitive Pitcher and only expected the best
from
himself every night. He was the type of guy who would let you
know
when you where not at your best and always gave you praise when
you
had done a good job. I guess I have a special place in my heart
for
Jimmy had playing against him and with him for so many years
as his
catcher, we had grown a bond like many pitcher and catchers do,
we
start to know what each other is thinking even if there was a
good "I
told you so" when he had shaken me off and had given up a hit!
(lol)

Jimmy was that guy who always showed up at the park ready to
play, if
there was a big game he would leave work with his jobs
running saying" No worries, I have my feeder looking after it".
Jimmy
was a man of few words "yeah right", he always had a good story
or
two or three or four to tell us,
he would remember exactly the number of batters he had struck
out,
what pitches he had thrown even what colour the batters gloves
where
he always had that eye for detail.

He would also remember the hands he had won playing poker from
months
before, right from the flop, the turn and the river.

These are things i will miss.

A friend told me the other day " you always take for granted
the
people you expect to see tomorrow" and I always expected to see
jimmy
at the park.

This ball season will not be the same, knowing that Jimmy will
not be
on the mound leading his team, whom ever they had been.

You where a good friend Jimmy
Swing for the fence, I will miss you.

Ted Boggs
Catcher
7 oaks Mr. Christies, Scarborough Royals, Champion Diamond,
Scarborough Blues, Scarborough rebel, Scarborough Wolve
boggs41(at)rogers.com

   fastball at pmihrm.com