Mata Not There to Sing “La Cuccaracha” in Baja

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Tue May 1 21:14:33 EDT 2007

From:  PeterJPorcelli(at)aol.com

Mata Not There to Sing “La Cuccaracha” in Baja

   Good Grief, Charlie Brown! Look out for those So Cal Bombers!
Just one quick look at their roster and you see the most unlikely
of partners in softball from Darren Box to Evan Potskin to Chad
Ghostkeeper to Scrappy Crawford, all the way to coach Kelly McGiffen.

    Respect is what I think might be the operative word for this
bunch! After reading the latest news flash, I could not hold
my fingers back from tapping out a quick note to the softball
world heralding my prediction of a top five finish for these
guys!

     I have coached most of them, know almost them all, from
not “Fat Albert “ Mendibles to Mike “The Butler did it.”  Then
add the likes of  Adam “A-Bod” LaLonde, (remember the article
in 2005?). We are not quite done yet…..For Geoff to be evil is
fine, and Nate is Devine !

   Kelly McGiffen is one of the finest coaches in North America
today. He can take an undisciplined bunch of rouges and mold
them into a smooth fighting machine that executes at the toughest
of high pressure moments in the game. Expect the unexpected from
Kelly, he has a pedigree like Terry Baytor by way of  Harvey
Stevenson, one of the brightest and most learned the game has
ever seen.

     Whereas I hope to entertain, predict, and document the upside
potential of this team, I think it only fair to say Lucas Mata
has earned his way over the years, and his serious approach to
the game is reflected in his choice to move to Mexico to stabilize
his future. I submit we may see the best Mata ever and consistently
all year. Lucas, you are more than icing on the cake!

     My best wishes to this bunch of softballers! May you fulfill
your potential and bring the very best of competition to the
game this year!

Respecfully,
Peter Porcelli, II

PeterJ.Porcelli,II