No subject

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu Jun 7 18:39:50 EDT 2007

From:  "Gilles Leblanc" <gleblanc(at)softball.ca>

Subject:  Softball Canada announces 2007 Senior Men's National
Team

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 7th, 2007

Softball Canada announces 2007 Senior Men’s National Team

(Ottawa, ON) – Softball Canada is pleased to announce the 2007
Senior Men’s National Team roster. Twenty four (24) of Canada’s
best male softball players have been selected to represent Canada
and compete at the International Test Series that will take place
in Orillia, Sebringville and Kitchener, Ontario from June 14th
to 16th.

The Series will include three doubleheaders in which World #2
ranked Canada will host World #1 ranked New Zealand. It will
also provide both countries an opportunity to begin their evaluation
process in preparation for the XII ISF World Championships in
2009 in Saskatoon, SK. For more information on the Test Series,
please visit www.softball.ca.

The athletes who have been chosen to represent Canada at the
International Test Series are:

1.      Colin Abbott, Portugal Cove, NL

2.      Bryan Abrey, Richmond, BC

3.      Darren Box, Edmonton, AB

4.      Jody Eidt, Mitchell, ON

5.      Jeff Ellsworth, St. Lawrence, PE

6.      Trevor Ethier, Saskatoon, SK

7.      Ian Fehrman, Townsend, ON

8.      Rob Gray, Toronto, ON

9.      Dean Holoien, Melfort, SK

10.  Paul Koert, Stouffville, ON

11.  Tyler Lessard, St. Thomas, ON

12.  Dale Levy, St. Mary’s, ON

13.  Keith Mackintosh, Melfort, SK

14.  Todd Martin, Bracebridge, ON

15.  Derek Mayson, North Vancouver, BC

16.  Stephen Mullaley, Freshwater, NL

17.  Scott Newitt, North Delta, BC

18.  Rob O’Brien, St. John’s, NL

19.  Sean O’Brien, St. John’s, NL

20.  Kevin Schellenberg, Squamish, BC

21.  Don Scott, Stratford, ON

22.  Chris Shewfelt, Stoney Creek, ON

23.  Bill Simmons, Smithville, ON

24.  Rick Smith, Duncan, BC

25.  Ryan Wolfe, Melbourne, ON

Team Staff

Team Leader/Statistician – Barry Smith, Sheet Harbour, NS

Head Coach – Mark Smith, Halifax, NS

Assistant Coach – Don Bates, Saskatoon, SK

Assistant Coach – Marty Kernaghan, Grafton, ON

Assistant Coach – Ray Tilley, Woodstock, ON

Athletic Therapist – Bruce Marshall, Ottawa, ON

Athletic Therapist – Adam Davies, Ottawa, ON

Equipment Manager – Bob Baird, Burlington, ON

Player Representative – Bob Court, Duncan, BC

“We are looking very forward to the Test Series against New Zealand”
says Mark Smith, Head Coach of the Senior Men’s National Team.
“Our games seem to bring out the best in each other and we enjoyed
a great rivalry with New Zealand over the years. Like New Zealand,
we are using this Series to evaluate players in preparation for
the 2009 ISF World Championships and we expect people to step
up and show strong performances.”

Softball Canada is the National Sport Governing Body for the
development and regulation of softball in Canada. Its objectives
are to promote, encourage and develop participation to the country’s
population and international excellence in softball.

-SC-

For more information, please contact:

Gilles LeBlanc

Sport/Recreation Management Intern

MBA in Sport and Recreation Management

University of New Brunswick

Coordinator, Marketing and Communications

Softball Canada

(613) 523-3386 ext. 3105

gleblanc(at)softball.ca

   fastball at pmihrm.com