Picthers, catchers have bad day in Sask-PEI slugfest

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Sun Aug 5 16:57:38 EDT 2007

From:  Patrick Healey <pat_healey21(at)hotmail.com>

Subject:  Picthers, catchers have bad day in Sask-PEI slugfest

P.E.I., Sask. pitchers, catchers have bad day at the office

BY PAT HEALEY
MEDIA OFFICER
www.2007jrmensfastpitch.com
SUMMERSIDE - The pitchers and catchers for Saskatchewan Jr. Diamondbacks
and P.E.I. Source for Sports Twins will not want to remember
their opening games at the 2007 Causeway Bay Junior Men's fast
pitch championship.
P.E.I., the visiting team in the game, started off strong against
Sask. Pitcher Kyle Hrycuik with a four run, eight batter inning.
However, their four run lead was short lived as wild pitching
from P.E.I. starter Donnelly Archibald allowed that lead to slip
away and resulted in a 5-4 deficit after the first.
Three balls got by catcher Devan Praught and escaped to the backstop,
allowing three runners to plate at various time of the inning.
The Sask. catcher, Barry Sparvier, made three bad plays yhimself,
all passed balls, that allowed two runs for P.E.I.
Kyle Rivett (3-4, two runs, two RBI) had one of three hits Saskatchewan
had, a two-run single to make it 5-4. Dallas Morrison (2-4, run
scored, two RBI) hit a solo home run in the fourth inning while
Matt King (3-4) were also tops for the Diamondbacks.
Colin Dillon (2-4, two runs scored) gave P.E.I. a spark with
a single, that turned out to be an inside the park home run thanks
to a three-base error committed by the D’Backs Earl Ghostkeeper
in left field.
Ryan Gallant (2-5, two runs scored), Jeremy McKinnon (2-3, RBI,
walk, two runs scored) and Alex MacDonald (2-3, home run, two
RBI, two runs scored) also were hot in the game.
Pierre Richard took the win going two innings allowing one hit
and striking out two batters. Starter Donnelly Archibald went
2/3 innings, being pulled after giving up five runs - all unearned
- on three hits, walking three and striking out three. John Veinnot
went four and one-third allowing four runs on six hits walking
one and striking out two in relief.
Hyrcuik allowed eight runs - five earned - on eight hits, walking
four and striking out five. Jeremy Kenny came in for an inning
of relief, getting roughed up for five runs on four hits - two
earned - and fanning two. Brady Woods, who pitches in ISC play
with Fargo, N.D. Kegel Knights, went an inning to finish off.

   fastball at pmihrm.com