Gill's glove, bat lead NL over QUE in extra innings

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Sun Aug 5 20:01:38 EDT 2007

From:  Patrick Healey <pat_healey21(at)hotmail.com>

Subject:  Gill's glove, bat lead NL over QUE in extra innings

SASK-AND N.S. EAST HANTS HENCHMEN are just underway now I will
send a report asap after the game.

CP - I can't call but hope you got the revised-PEI-SASK report
I sent about 2 hrs ago. Thanks

NO PITCHING DETAILS AS OF YET...sorry just got the basic for
that...

GILL LEADS NL PAST QUEBEC in thriller at JR MEN'S

SUMMERSIDE, PEI - Justin Gill's glove and bat allowed Kelly's
Pub Canadian (Newfoundland and Labrador) to eke out a 1-0, eight
inning victory over Quebec at the 2007 Causeway Bay Junior Men's
fast pitch championships.
Gill hit a hard single that brought home Matt Hill from second
to score the game’s only run.
Gill was also a star defensively as he sent a hard hit ball to
first that got a Quebec runner in the fourth, while also handling
a hot shot in the sixth to end a Quebec threat as they tried
to get something going.
But the speedy shortstop didn’t take credit for the win.
"It was a helluva battle, they are a great team," Gill said following
the game. "It was a good game by two teams that played their
hearts out. We managed to scrabble through and get a run in the
eighth.
"It was a team effort, I just had a few grounders yhit my way
that I made plays on."
Quebec had their shot at scoring in the top half, but NL kept
them at bay.
"That’s a big game win for us," Gill added.
Francis Leclair had his perfect game spoiled in the top of the
fourth Steven Strapp’s single.
The Canadians had their chances to end the game prior to extra
innings, but slugger Jason Hill couldn’t manage to plate Ryan
Boland from third in the bottom of the sixth. Hill was just named
an first team outfielder at the ASA Nationals in South Bend,
IN., where he played with the Farm Tavern.
Sean Cleary went the distance for the win while LecLair went
the distance for Quebec in suffering the loss.
(Pat Healey, Media Officer)

   fastball at pmihrm.com