BOLAND HITS, HILL PITCHES NL TO DOUBLE LIFE AT JR MEN'S

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu Aug 9 20:58:25 EDT 2007

From:  Patrick Healey <pat_healey21(at)hotmail.com>

Subject:  BOLAND HITS, HILL PITCHES NL TO DOUBLE LIFE AT JR MEN'S

BOLAND, HILL HELP NL CLICNH DOUBLE LIFE

BY PAT HEALEY
SUMMERSIDE - Ryan Boland hit a two-run triple in the top of the
seventh that started a three-run rally as the Newfoundland and
Labrador Kelly’s Pub Canadians clinched first place with a 7-3
win over Scarborough Wolverines.
Boland came to the dish with Sean Cleary and Gary Bruce on second
and third.. He hit an 0-1 pitch to centerfield that brought the
two runners home and later he scored himself on a wild pitch.
Cleary (1-1, two runs scored), Brad Ezekiel (2-4, two RBI), Justin
Gill (2-5, run scored, RBI), Steven Pittman (1-1, run scored)
and Stephen Strapp (1-3, RBI) also were tops at the plate.
Ezekiel said it was a relief to get the win and game out of the
way.
"That game was big for us, everyone played well," Ezekiel said.
"When we needed a hit we had someone come through for us."
The defending champs will now turn their attention to rallying
from a 2-1 deficit against Saskatchewan Junior Diamondbacks in
a game suspended by rain Wednesday. That game was to be played
late Thursday night.
Canadians coach Ross Crocker said the team held a meeting after
their game Thursday morning, a 1-0 win, after they thought they
hadn’t played well at all.
"We didn’t play well at all this morning and talked about cpoming
out with a better performance tonight," Crocker said. "The players
were all up and everyone did their job to get us the win, led
by Jason Hill’s strong pitching."
Brandon Horn (2-3, run scored), Ryan Jaynes (2-3, RBI double),
Nick Dambrosio (2-4) and Andrew Putnam (1-4, run scored, three
strikeouts) had the offensive hits for Scarborough (5-2).
Hill pitched the complete game fanning nine, walking one, giving
up three runs on eight hits.
Matt Leahy suffered the loss, surrendering seven runs on nine
hits, walking four, striking out eight in seven innings of work.

   fastball at pmihrm.com

We plan to be in–Kitchener – August 10-18 – 2007 ISC World Tournament
  http://www.iscfastpitch.com/

Follow the action: Go to http://www.iscfastpitch.com/ and click
on the ISC icon at the top of the page for all the ISC World
Tournament action or click on the ISC II icon for all the ISC
II Tournament of Champions action. Or go direct:
ISC 2007 World Tournament: http://www.iscfastpitch.com/index.php?page=153
ISC II 2007 Tournament of Champions: http://www.iscfastpitch.com/index.php?page=157