Innerkip Eagles Remembered

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Tue Oct 2 22:30:09 EDT 2007

From:  "Larry Lynch" <llynch9(at)rogers.com>

Subject:  Innerkip Eagles Remembered

Jeff, you should be very proud of your contribution to Ontario
major men’sfastball. The decision to cease operations could not
have come easily and Iknow how agonizing the ultimate reality
would have been for you.

The game is not the same any more, I am embarrassed to seesome
have so much to work with and others so little. Believe me I
know how hardit is to attract sponsorship and without it players
will not make a long termcommitment anywhere.

The Eagles have been a mainstay in keeping the ISC TravelLeague
alive, and it is the unsung effort of the Jeff Whetstone’s in
thegame that sadly gets lost when a team can no longer operate.
Take pride in thefact that you have given a lot of players the
opportunity to play at thehighest level, and continue at the
highest level. When I read the ISCguidebook, names like de Belleveau,
Skillings, Running, Humphries, Koschieza haveall played with
distinction at the World Tournament wearing your uniform. Teamsacross
North America have bolstered their ownby recruiting from small
town Innerkip.

I know there is little satisfaction in seeing players leavefor
greener pastures, but there should be tremendous satisfaction
in knowingthat each and every one of your teammates earned the
respect of the softball worldin an Eagles sweater.

May I offer my personal thanks to you and your team foracting
as host team the past 4 years at the Legends of Fastball Classic,
in Woodstock. You havealways given your community and the surrounding
area much to cheer about, andmuch more to remember.

Best of luck Jeff in wherever the game may take you. Youhave
been a class act on and off the field.

Sincerely,

Larry Lynch

   fastball at pmihrm.com