Russ Snow Message

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Mon Oct 29 06:26:27 EDT 2007

From:  Faspich1(at)aol.com

Subject:  Russ Snow Message

Hello Al - I don't have any idea whether you know Russ Snow or
not but here is a little something to help inform people in the
fastpitch world about Russ' being in the heat of the California
fires.

Bob Tomlinson

No matter whom you talk to or no matter whom you ask – the
one answer that everyone gives when asked what fastpitch softball
has offered them is: the great people you meet.

Russ Snow is one of those great people in my fastpitch life.
I first met Russ a long time ago at an ISC World Tournament somewhere.
Being the publisher of the Fastpitch Chronicle newspaper afforded
me an opportunity to meet thousands and thousands of great people.
Russ is among the greatest. Tonight Russ is certainly in my thoughts.

At the NAFA Master’s Eastern Nationals Russ and I were able
to connect again. He filled me in on his coaching experiences
with the Great Britainprogram and we talked about each other’s
lives since we’d last seen each other.

I left Rockford, Illinois on the final day of that NAFA event
with a renewed passion for people in the men’s game. I’d
lost a lot of something over the past couple of years. My main
purpose for going to Rockford wasn’t to actually play as much
as it was to see great friends I hadn’t seen in several years.

Today I received a message from Russ (actually from Cindy). Russ’
ranch out there in California is right smack in the middle of
one of those raging wild fires that torched the hillsides.

I’ve posted the message from Cindy on my Fastpitch Chronicle
website. If you’d like to read it just go to http://www.fastpitchchronicle.com
and click your way to the mens’ news page and read it.

If you know Russ and didn’t get the message, you now know he
was and is right in the middle of things out there.

   fastball at pmihrm.com