Two Canadian Softball Officials Appointed to 2008 Olympic Games

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Oct 31 11:52:59 EDT 2007

From:  "Gilles LeBlanc" <gleblanc(at)softball.ca>

Subject:  Two_Canadian_Softball_Officials_Appointed_to_2008_Olympic_

FORIMMEDIATE RELEASE

October31st, 2007

TwoCanadian Softball Officials Appointed to 2008 Olympic Games

(Ottawa,ON) – Softball Canada is pleased to announce that Nancy
Morrison (Quispamsis,NB) and Greg Pipher (Pickering, ON) have
been appointed as umpires for thesoftball event at the 2008 Olympic
Games, which will be held in Beijing, Chinanext August. The appointments
were announced at the International SoftballFederation (ISF)
Congress in Manila, Philippines last weekend.

“SoftballCanada is very proud to have these two fine officials
represent Canada at theOlympic Games” stated Softball Canada
President Kevin Quinn. “We know they willcontinue our tradition
of outstanding umpiring in the international realm.”

“TheCanadian umpiring community is very proud of Nancy and Greg”
added Bob Stanton,National Director of Umpires “I know that they'll
wear the blue in Beijingon behalf of all the officials that have
helped them reach this goal.”

Morrisonmost recently worked the China Cup which was held in
Beijing, China earlierthis month and also umpired at the Canada
Cup held in Surrey, BC in July.Previous International experience
also includes the Europe/Africa OlympicQualifier in 2003 and
the 1999 Pan American Games.

“I am overwhelmed and honored to have been selectedto umpire
at the 2008 Summer Olympics” said Morrison. “I truly appreciate
theconfidence Softball Canada has shown over the years in grooming
me for thisopportunity of a lifetime. As well, the support of
my fellow umpires, familyand friends has been invaluable. It
will be a real privilege to representCanadian umpires in Beijing”.

Pipher last umpired on the International stage atthe 2006 Senior
Women’s ISF World Championships, which was held in Beijing,China.

“I am absolutely ecstatic at being given this once in alifetime
opportunity” said Pipher. “I'd like to thank Bob Stanton and
the ODC(Officiating Development Committee) for showing faith
in my abilities asan umpire and putting my name forward to represent
Canada, atthis elite event. I have a motto that I like to live
by and that is: “Believe in Dreams”.You never know when that
dream may become a reality.”

-SC-

Formore information, please contact:

GillesLeBlanc

Manager– Marketing and Communications Services

SoftballCanada

gleblanc(at)softball.ca

(613)523-3386 ext. 3105

   fastball at pmihrm.com