"We Are Softball Coaches"

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Tue Apr 1 15:12:26 EDT 2008

From:  Softball Ontario Coaches Program <ssutton(AT)softballontario.ca>

Subject:  "We Are Softball Coaches"

NEWSRELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:     Stephanie Sutton
                     (416) 426-7150
                     ssutton(AT)softballontario.ca

DATE:           April1, 2008

 "WE ARE SOFTBALLCOACHES"

NORTH YORK, ON– Softball Ontario is excited to be working with
Softball Canada and theCoaching Association of Canada to increase
the number of female coaches in thesport of softball.  In 2008
six (6) Ontario Communities received $1,500grants to assist in
hosting a NCCP Clinic for Women as part of the CoachingAssociation
of Canada’s “We Are Coaches” Program,providing opportunities
for young women and mothers to become involved incommunity level
softball.  The Communitiesinclude:

 Arthur, ON Learn to Coach Clinic March 15, 2008
 Windsor, ON Learn to Coach Clinic March 29, 2008
 Orleans, ON Keep Coaching Clinic March 29-30, 2008
 Oakville, ON Keep Coaching Clinic April 5-6, 2008
 Oshawa, ON Learn to Coach Clinic April 6, 2008
 Hamilton, ON Learn to Coach Clinic April 12,2008

TheLearn to Coach Clinic (officially titled Community Sport -
Initiation) is asix (6) hour clinic which will be delivered by
Softball Ontario, gearedtowards volunteers who coach children
aged 4-8 years old.  The KeepCoaching Clinic (officially titled
Community Sport - On-going Participation)is a two (2) day clinic
which will be delivered by Softball Ontario, gearedtowards volunteers
who coach children aged 9 years andolder.

TheCoaches Association of Canada’s “We Are CoachesProgram is
a three-year program designed to increase the number of trainedfemale
coaches in Canada in order to provide mentors and role models
for youngparticipants.  The Program targets mothers with children
involved incommunity-level softball as well as young women looking
to coach communitysoftball teams, and strongly communicates the
sense of community, reward, andfun that can be achieved through
coaching. The “We AreCoaches” Program provides financial assistance
for NCCP CoachingClinics at the Community Stream level.

Ontario Communities recruited women to participate in the “We
Are Coaches” clinics, hosted one of the SoftballOntario NCCP
Learn to Coach or Keep Coaching Clinics, and will offer thetrained
women a coaching position within their organization. Participating
Communities will also contribute information to a study on the“We
Are Coaches” Program.  The HostCommunity also has an opportunity
to offer additional training and support tofemale coaches in
open and friendly forums to further encourage and assistwomen
in becoming successful community coaches.  The “We Are Coaches”
Program is in its final year of a three(3) year pilot program;
if extended by Sport Canada, Host Communities willreceive grants
of decreasing amounts over the next three (3) years(2008-2011).

For further information on the “We AreCoaches” Program, visit
the Coaching Association of Canada at http://www.coach.ca
  If you are interested in hosting a Community Sport Clinic,either
Learn to Coach or Keep Coaching, contact Stephanie Sutton at
SoftballOntario by email at ssutton(AT)softballontario.ca, or
call416-426-7150.

=

Softball Ontario is the governing body for the sport of softballin
Ontario. Our goal is to promote and develop the sport of softball
for itsathletes, officials and volunteers by providing programs
and services at alllevels of competitions.

   fastball at pmihrm.com