Softball_Canada_Names_New_Head_Coach_For_Junior_Women'

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Fri May 9 15:41:20 EDT 2008

Received:	5/9/08 10:29:18 AM
From: 	"Gilles LeBlanc" <gleblanc(at)softball.ca>

Subject: 	FW:_Softball_Canada_Names_New_Head_Coach_For_Junior_Women'

FORIMMEDIATE RELEASE

May8th, 2008

SoftballCanada Names New Head Coach For Junior Women’s National
Team

(Ottawa,ON) – Softball Canada is pleased to announce Tony Foti
as the new head coach ofthe Junior Women’s National Team program.
Foti will have the responsibility ofoverseeing the program for
the next cycle, which will conclude after the 2011ISF Junior
Women’s World Championships, which will be held in Capetown,
SouthAfrica from November 16-25, 2011.

Canadafinished 5th at the 2007 ISF Junior Women’s World Championships
inEnschede, Netherlands.

Fotibrings a lot of experience to the program, having coached
at various levelsover the past 25 years. He most recently coached
the Fiorini Forlì, an Italianprofessional softball team, to national
and European titles in 2007. He alsospent 7 years as head coach
at Mercer University, a Division 1 NCAA schoollocated in Macon,
Georgia, while also coaching Canada’s Elite Team in 2006.Foti
began his coaching career in Manitoba where he led many Provincial
andCanadian Championship teams to medal winning performances.
In Manitoba, hecoached three teams to Canadian Championship gold
(Midget, Junior and SeniorWomen’s) and also led 10 provincial
championship teams (6 of them earningCanadian Championship medals),
while also earning the Manitoba CoachesAssociation’s High Performance
Coach of the Year award on two occasions.

“Iam so honoured to be trusted by Softball Canada to lead our
women's juniornational team program” stated Foti. “The development
of our young athletes isparamount to continuing the successes
of our women's national team program forfuture years. Being named
this early in the program cycle allows us to get outand begin
identifying and evaluating athletes, and building the program
with astrong base. I look forward to networking with summer coaches
and provincialteam coaches, to ensure that the best Canadian
athletes are identified torepresent our country.”

Inaddition to his numerous coaching positions, Foti has also
dedicated much ofhis time as a clinician/instructor for numerous
camps in Canada, the UnitedStates and Europe. He has also assisted
in the production in many of SoftballCanada’s coaching manuals
and is a certified Level 3 coach.

Fotiwill be attending major Bantam age tournaments across Canada
in 2008 to beginidentifying possible athletes for the Junior
Women’s National Team pool.

-SC-

Formore information, please contact:

GillesLeBlanc

Manager– Marketing and Communications Services

SoftballCanada

gleblanc(at)softball.ca

(613)523-3386 ext. 3105

   fastball at pmihrm.com