2008 Gord Marshall Tournament - Woodstock, ON

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu Jul 10 19:28:40 EDT 2008

From:  "Rob Deakin" <ump31(at)sympatico.ca>

Subject:  Fw: 2008 Gord Marshall Tournament

----- Original Message -----
From: Brad Hallock
Subject: 2008 Gord Marshall Tournament

Hello All!

Just thought I'd drop you all a line "bringing you up to speed"
on what's happening with our fund raising tournament in just
over 2 weeks from now. (July 24 - 27th)

1st the Good News! We are all filled up with 24 teams registered
and paid as of today. We even have had 3 more teams inquire/
apply just in case a team drops out at the last minute. Attached
is the tournament division and schedule(s). Please review at
your leisure. Once again we have drawn teams out of a hat and
put them in divisions of 4. Our Divisions are proudly named in
honor and memory of the late Gord Marshall and his surviving
family.  Tier 1Division is named after Gord himself and his wife
Judy.  Our Tier 2 Division is named after their 4 children: Jennifer,
Pamela, Amy and Kevin.

Accomodations:  Some of the teams this year who have had to travel
a great distance will be staying in Woodstock at 3 major hotels
in the city over the weekend. That's great for the city of Woodstock,
it's hotels and restaurants and our local tourism!

Press Release:  Attached is the press release sent out late last
month across Ontario. Please read at your leisure.

Advertising: Umpire Kyle Smith is in charge of this department.
He is currently working with Heart FM and the Sentinel Review
as well as a host of other local radio stations bringing this
event to the forefront. Perhaps you may even see him on Rogers
Cable TV in the near future??

Advertising: PART 2 -
Mary Margaret is also in charge of a new venture. She is selling
a 16" x 24" choroplast sign which will be put on display in the
beer gardens with company names/ logo's on it made by Foris Signs.
She is also selling banner space on the home run fence in front
of the beer gardens as well. If you know of anyone who wants
to have their business associated with this "high exposure good
news event", please contact MM directly for details at 469.3525
on how they can get involved.

Souvenoir Programs: I am currently working with Woodstock Print
and Litho on the 2008 edition of our tournament program. A few
new ideas will be hi-lited this year, featuring a few local people
- stay tuned!
We will be printing a maximum of around 250 programs so we know
they will sell out quickly. We are still looking for more program
prize sponsors. If you know of anyone who would like to donate
a program prize please pick it up along with a business card
and forward to my wife Ronnie. Last year we had over 50 prizes
on the table and by all accounts so far this number should be
close to double for this year.That's awesome! Keep the donations
coming!

Saturday Night Dance:  Were gonna try it again! This year we
are working along side Innerkip Parks and Rec. in an effort to
raise much needed dollars for our park to help maintain this
1st class facility. All proceeds will be given to them from the
dance so pass the word. We will be sending out a one page flyer
early next week to all residents from our village announcing
and asking for there support. A big change this year is we have
hired 2 off duty officers from our local OCPS police force to
help maintain a save enviroment for all.

Raffle Tickets:  Tickets are already out and about for this years
fund raiser. Judy Marshall has hand made a quilt this past winter
for 1st place in this draw along with a donated ladies baseball
bat from a major manufacturer as well as a Molson beach umbrella.
Dave Jonker has also got his hands on an authenic Toronto Blue
Jays baseball bat autographed by Lyle Overbay. It to will be
raffled off over the weekend.

Red T Shirts: Once again Teri Foris from Foris Signs and Embroidery
has stepped up to donate our special red volunteer t shirts for
all the helpers to wear during the 4 days. These shirts are the
ones that say "Proud to be a volunteer" on the back of them.
Thanks Teri - your terrific! Also for those of you who don't
know, Teri's husband Les is  also a key contributor to our event
as he supplies all the signage at the park N/C  for this event.
Thanks Les!

Rock's Pub 'n Grub:  Rock is also a key sponsor as he donates
MVP t shirts to a chosen person from all 46 scheduled games in
the tourney. Thanks Again Rock  - it's appreciated!

Misc: This tournament has grown significantly over the past few
years. It involves many businesses and personal sponsorships,
a group of players, coaches and staff totalling over 500 participants,
and a plethera of local volunteer's who work towards one common
goal. We are well on our way to making this another successful
event.

"Thanks" goes out to all of you who have stepped forward to helping
the Innerkip Umpires raise the bar and host a 1st class event
in a small community known throughout Ontario as a rural hotbed
for fastball for such a worthy cause - The Canadian Cancer Society!

There will be more emails in the coming days so keep in touch
and keep spreading the word, This years event will be the best
one yet!!!!!!!!!

Please feel free to pass this email on to those people, friends,
family, and business contacts who will benefit from learning
of this event.

I wil be keeping in touch with all of you, in the coming days,

Stay tuned!

Brad Hallock
2008 Gord Marshall Memorial
Ladies Fastball Tournament Chairman