player looking for team in mid-west

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu Feb 5 14:46:19 EST 2009

From:  "Ritchie Richardson" <RRichard(at)olivet.edu>

I am writing to you all to get some information on men's fastpitch
here in the midwest. I am interested in playing 45-over fastpitch
or modified in a league or with a traveling team.

l am looking for league info: what cities have leagues, if any?;
Who might I contact in those areas? Also, are there traveling
teams in some communities still? What communities have teams?
Do they have openings or conduct tryouts? Who might I contact
with those teams?

If you know a team that has an opening or a tryout, here is some
basic info on me if you might be interested: I am originally
from the Knoxville, TN area and played college baseball at Lincoln
Memorial University in Harrogate, TN (1980-1984). After graduation
in 1984, I played 7 seasons of ASA Men's Major and Men's Major
Modified Fastpitch all over the south. I played for teams in
Knoxville and Morristown, TN. We played leagues during the week
in Rogersville, TN and Morristown, TN and played the major tournaments
on weekends (Atlanta, Chattanooga, Durham, Morristown, Miami).
Our teams had good success, winning several major tournaments
and appearing at the Men's Major Modified National Tournament
in Decatur, AL. I was a catcher primarily when I played but can
play anywhere. I am 6'0" and weigh 180 lbs and in good shape.
I am sure I could probably still find some of the guys I played
with down there as references if you would need them. The only
guy that I did play against that I know from the midwest is Al
White (currently coach at Madonna Univ.). Al played out of Miami,
FL and our paths crossed quite a bit during that time at the
major tournaments. I moved to Bourbonnais, IL in 1990 and am
employed by Olivet Nazarene University. I have coached fastpitch
since 1995 at ONU and the Univ. of Illinois.

Again, I appreciate any direction that you all can give me. I
really love the mens game and am really excited to find out about
it here in the midwest. Please feel free to call me at (815)
939-5166 or e-mail here at ONU. Thanks again.

Ritchie Richardson
Head Softball Coach
Olivet Nazarene University
One University Avenue