LORDS WOMEN'S FASTBALL GOES WEST FOR NEW RECRUIT

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed May 6 14:15:41 EDT 2009

From:  Scott Dennis <Scott.Dennis(at)dc-uoit.ca>
Add to People Section
To:  "Media Als Fastball (fastball at pmihrm.com)" <fastball at pmihrm.com>

CC:
Subject:  LORDS WOMEN'S FASTBALL GOES WEST FOR NEW RECRUIT

DurhamLords Media Release
Monday, May 04, 2009

Lords women’s fastball goes west for new recruit

Oshawa, Ont. – Women’s fastball head coach Jim Nemish andthe
Durham College Athletic Department is proud to announce that
Janna Hagan willbe joining the program next fall.

Hagan, a native of Sherwood Park, Alberta, joins the Lords after
an impressive12 year minor fastball career out west with the
Sherwood Park Belles.

It is anticipated that Hagan will both pitch and play the outfield
for theLords next season. At the plate, she is a feared slugger
who hits for power andaverage. Last season, she finished the
year with a .393 batting average and a sluggingpercentage of
.538. She also led the team in RBI’s with 31 on the season.On
the mound, Hagan has dominated opposing batters as she can throw
a varietyof pitches while reaching 56-58 mph on the radar gun.

Hagan also has plenty of experience playing at the provincial
and nationallevel, going on to win a number of awards.

In 2008, her team won a silver medal at the Alberta Provincial
Championship andparticipated at the Canada Cup, placing sixth
out of 21 teams. One year prior,Hagan played for Team Alberta
at the Western Canada Games where the team wonbronze. She also
won silver at the Canadian Bantam Nationals in Montreal, whereshe
was recognized as the Player of the Game. In 2006, her team went
on to winthe bronze medal at the Alberta Summer Games.

Uponviewing her profile and meeting with Hagan and her family,
Nemish immediatelyknew that she would be a great fit for the
program as well as the college.“She has a tremendous work ethic
and is dedicated to the game offastball. She is also an excellent
student in the classroom. Janna has plenty of experience in pressure
situations and she will bring an added dimension to our program.
We arelooking forward to having her in our lineup next season.”

Hagan hada chance to visit the college this pastFebruary before
choosing to enroll at Durham. She was able to talk to academicand
athletic staff, meet some of the current players and tour the
excellentfacilities on campus.

“Ifeel that Janna will fit right in with our returning players
in seeing themtogether in the short time she was here,” commented
Nemish. “Alongwith all of our returning freshmen class and a
couple of third year veterans, the addition of Janna will only
help to make usstronger for this fall.”

The DurhamCollege women’s fastball program is coming off a silver
medal performancein 2008. The Lords have won provincial medals
in twelve consecutive seasons havecollected a total of 26 since
1981 (14 gold, 8 silver, 4 bronze), the most ofany college in
league history.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Scott Dennis
Sports Information and Marketing Coordinator
Durham College and UOIT Athletics
905.721.2000 Ext. 2784 (P)
905.721.3117 (F)
scott.dennis(at)dc-uoit.ca