SOFTBALL ONTARIO'S RESPECT MY GAME PROGRAM IS LAUNCHED!

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Sat May 9 18:18:20 EDT 2009

From:  Softball Ontario's Participation Program <lcrompton(at)softballontario.ca>

Add to People Section
To:  fastball at pmihrm.com
CC:
Subject:  SOFTBALL ONTARIO'S RESPECT MY GAME PROGRAM IS LAUNCHED!

NEWSRELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:      StephanieSutton
                     (416) 426-7150
                     ssutton at softballontario.ca

DATE:           May7, 2009

SOFTBALL ONTARIO'S RESPECT MY GAME IS LAUNCHED!

NORTH YORK,ON- Softball Ontario is excited to announce its original
Respect MyGame Program- an innovative program geared to create
and build mutual respectbetween all participants in the great
game of Softball.   SoftballOntario’s Respect My Game Program
was funded by the Ministry of HealthPromotion specifically Active
2010, which assisted in the development andlaunching of the ground
breaking “Respect My Game” Program.

The Softball Communityis encouraged to visit the Softball Ontario
website to access the freeresource materials to do their part
in creating mutual respect amongst all thestakeholders in the
game of Softball.

The free downloads thatcan be found at www.softballontario.ca
include:

• The Respect My Game Card- to be distributed to variousstakeholders
within your Association (i.e. League Executive, Members,Divisional
Coordinators, Coaches, Players, Parents, etc.)

• The Respect My Game Umpire Card-each Umpire who registers withSoftball
Ontario will receive a laminated copy of the Respect My Game
UmpireCard which was designed to be included in the Umpire’s
Place Conference priorto each game

• Respect My Game Posters- available withboth Female and Male
players.  Ideal to hang these posters in your LeagueClubhouse
and at Tournaments to promote the Association’s participants
in theRespect My Game Program

• Respect My Game Guide for Parentsand Guide for Coaches- is
a resource designed to help parents or coachesidentify whether
their behaviour is abusive and help them better understandthe
(ten) 10 most misunderstood rules in the game.  It also contains
theParents’ and Coaches’ Code of Conduct

• Respect My GameCode of Conduct for Players of the Game- use
the Respect My Game Player’sCode of Conduct to encourage respect
amongst players as well as towards thepeople in leadership roles
(Coaches, Umpires, League Executives, etc)

• The Respect My Game Clinic Manual- to be used for in allof
Softball Ontario training opportunities and provides strategies
and givesexams of how to build mutual respect between Umpires
and Umpires, Umpires andCoaches, Players and Umpires, Players
and Coaches, Parents and Coaches
• The Respect My Game Brochure- promotional material that provides
anoverview of the Respect My Game Program

The "Respect MyGame" Program will be included in all of Softball
Ontario's trainingopportunities including the Umpires Program,
the Coaches Program, theScorekeeping Program and Certified Softball
Administrator Program.  Byincorporating the "Respect My Game"
program into all the technicalcomponents of the game and making
the resources available for free on theSoftball Ontario website,
the ideals of this cutting edge program willpermeate throughout
the entire softball community.

For more informationabout the Softball Ontario’s Respect My Game
Program, please contact StephSutton (at) ssutton(at)softballontario.ca
or416-426-7150.

Softball Ontario isthe governing body for the sport of softball
in Ontario. Our goal is topromote and develop the sport of softball
for its athletes, officials andvolunteers by providing programs
and services at all levels ofcompetitions.

   fastball at pmihrm.com