Quick Note from Summerside

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Sun Aug 16 22:32:09 EDT 2009

From:  Barry Smith <bsmith at ns.sympatico.ca>

Subject:  Quick Note from Summerside

Hi Al:

Hope all is going well at the ISC. Canada Games are off to a
good start with beautiful weather helping things out. I was hoping
to send something for the News-2 site today but I didn't get
my accreditation until after the first game today thus I don't
have official stats. I will send a summary of our first three
games tomorrow night (only have e-mail access at beginning &
end of day so far - I'm not staying in the village since I didn't
get the badge in time but I'm with my cousin who has a beautiful
place so it sure beats the barracks in that regard.)

FYI, we lost a heartbreaker 1-0 to Alberta. We outhit them but
didn't drive in runs when had the opportunity & they scored in
the 6th without the aid of a hit. We have Ontario & PEI tomorrow.
Ontario beat PEI 10-0 today & Sask & Quebec were tied 3-3 in
the 6th when we had to leave this evening. Crowds in Summerside
were good & quite enthusiastic.

Have fun in Quad Cities.

Barr

   fastball at pmihrm.com