Canada Cup 2010

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu Oct 15 09:53:28 EDT 2009

From:  "Canada Cup Info" <admin at canadacup.com>

Subject:  2010 Canada Cup Media Release

For Immediate Release
CANADA CUP PREPARES FOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP YEAR!

(2010 Canada Cup Dates Announced)

(Surrey, B.C. Canada) A sports fan favourite and one of the best
softball tournaments in the world is set to go for 2010 running
July 3 – 11 at Softball City, Surrey, BC with many of the best
national and club teams in the world expected to compete.

The 17th edition of the Canada Cup International Women’s Fastpitch
Tournament will once again be the nucleus of the best the sport
has to offer as national teams prepare for the ISF XII Senior
Women’s World Championships to be held in Oklahoma City, USA
the following week.

The tournament organizers are already in full gear preparing
for the grand slam tournament lineup which includes not only
the 17th Canada Cup International Women’s Fastpitch Tournament,
but also the 9th Canada Cup International Fastpitch Futures Tournament
World Junior Women’s, the 6th Canada Cup 16 and Under Fastpitch
Showcase Tournament and the 13th Canada Cup Special Olympics
Friendship Division Tournament.

“It is with great pride that we announce the dates for 2010.
The softball world has emphasized to us how important this tournament
was to the sport at the different levels and knowing the impact
it has on the lives of so many young female athletes we knew
we had to put on a great show for them in 2010. The Canada Cup
Host Committee and the hundreds of volunteers are already enthusiastically
planning on how we can make this tournament the best one yet,”
stated Glen Todd, Canada Cup Chairman.

The Canada Cup was started by Todd in 1993 as an international
women’s fastpitch developmental tournament to help the Canadian
national team prepare for top-level international competition.
Teams now regard the Canada Cup as one of the premier competitive
tournaments in the world.

For information on Canada Cup tickets and other tournament information
call 604-536-9287 or visit www.canadacup.com.

Media Contact: Colleen Goodwin-Ryan, Phone 604-581-9203 or e-mail:
colleen(at)axion.net

   fastball at pmihrm.com