2010 Canadian Open Fastpitch International Championship

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu Mar 18 10:28:28 EDT 2010

For Immediate Release

White Rock Renegades to Host 2010 Replacement Tournaments for
Canada Cup Futures and Showcase Divisions

Canadian Open Fastpitch Futures (U19) International Championship

Canadian Open Fastpitch Showcase (16U) International Championship

To Take Place JULY 5 - 11, 2010

(Surrey, BC.)  With the recent announcement of the cancellation
of the Women’s Division of the 2010 Canada Cup International
Women’s Fastpitch Tournament, the original Host Team, the White
Rock Renegades, will continue what the Canada Cup Host Committee
worked so hard to achieve with their two youth divisions by forming
a new committee to host the 2010 Canadian Open Fastpitch International
Championship.  This will include a Futures (U19) Division and
a Showcase (16U) Division.

The 2010 Canadian Open Fastpitch International Championship will
be held from July 5 - 11 in Surrey, British Columbia and will
carry on the Canada Cup spirit of promoting the development of
the great game of softball by helping young female athletes reach
for their personal best.

“We decided as the Host organization that we would take on the
challenge of continuing the Futures and Showcase tournaments
for 2010 and give elite teams who wanted the chance to compete,
the chance to do so,” stated Greg Timm, President of the White
Rock Renegades and Chairman of the Canadian Open Fastpitch International
Championship.

“We’re doing so because we want to help the young athletes of
today as well as honor Glen Todd’s vision and tireless work towards
the development of the youth of the sport.”

Todd was the Chair and Founder of the Canada Cup International
Women’s Fastpitch Tournament and Founder of the White Rock Renegades.

Timm was also the co-chair of the Canada Cup International Women’s
Fastpitch Tournament since its inception.

This seven (7) day event will feature many elite level youth
teams vying for the title of 2010 Canadian Open Fastpitch International
Champion!  These elite teams will compete on the diamonds at
Softball City and Cloverdale Athletic Park showing spectators
just how inspiring the future of the sport can be.

With plenty of events, continuous entertainment, and a week chock-full
of high caliber fastpitch competition, the Canadian Open Fastpitch
International Championship will be a fun-filled event for the
whole family.

The plans for this year’s event also features a Canada/USA Women’s
national team exhibition series to run Thursday, July 8 to Sunday,
July 11.  Schedule and more details to be announced at a later
date.

For further information on the tournament visit www.canadianopenfastpitch.com
or call 604.536.9287.

-30-

For Media Requiring Further Information Contact:

Colleen Goodwin-Ryan - 604.581.9203 or e-mail: colleen(at)axion.net

   fastball at pmihrm.com